Need Help Please! Juicy 7 not workin good

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Need Help Please! Juicy 7 not workin good
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Have you checked the overheat indicator on the rotor?

Enlighten us.

On Avid rotors it's 3 little green dots that appear on one of the spokes when the brake has overheated. If you don't see the three little dots your brake hasn't overheated.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
oh right, i ride a street/dj bike so i only have a tiny little 6" rotor in the back. i checked the little manual that came along with the juicy 7 box, it explains how to check it there Smile

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
oh right, i ride a street/dj bike so i only have a tiny little 6" rotor in the back. i checked the little manual that came along with the juicy 7 box, it explains how to check it there Smile

Hayes used to use a little blue X. I don't know what they do now.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:17 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

Hayes used to use a little blue X. I don't know what they do now.
Hayes uses a little garbage can logo now, it let's you know the rotor is now garbage...

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Have you checked the overheat indicator on the rotor?

Enlighten us.

On Avid rotors it's 3 little green dots that appear on one of the spokes when the brake has overheated. If you don't see the three little dots your brake hasn't overheated.

Kinda like the 3 red lines of death on an xbox except dots on teh rotor

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:

Enlighten us.

Kinda like the 3 red lines of death on an xbox except dots on teh rotor

Exactly.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
I had some Magura brakes and the rotors on those show a green skull and cross bones when they overheat. Let's you know that if you keep riding them, you'll get messed up.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:39 Quote
where on the rotor?? i've never heard of this .. interesting.
I'd try to bleed the brake.. if you're using low Dot brake fluid then too much heat ( for the fluid ) will break it down and cause cavitation of the master cylinder ( air would be released from the oil ) and you're brakes would lose breaking power.. I doubt that they're overheated though oif they feel the same now as they did before.. i'd bet on brake pad contamination ( did you oil your chain lately ?? etc. )and i'd just shell out for new pad's Cause you'll need em eventually anyway's and if not that then .... well, let us know.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:55 Quote
shit.. i just checked my rotors.. the front one is good but my back has 2 of the dot's... do you think my rotor is FUBAR'd or do you think i could keep riding on my rotor till the 3'rd dot appears.. ?? i havent really noticed a differance but I don't use my back as much so......

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:56 Quote
You'll be fine. Just watch out for the last one...

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
well that's a relief..Wink

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 0:20 Quote
there was a picture of a hope rotor and caliper being tested and the rotor was glowing orange just like on racecars... it was wayyyy cool.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
anyone know why the pad contact adjust on my juicy 7's stopped workin, not long been bled and theirs plenty of life left in pads

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
kev-roberts wrote:
anyone know why the pad contact adjust on my juicy 7's stopped workin, not long been bled and theirs plenty of life left in pads

Did you over wind the dial past the stops? Just this week we had a guy with codes come into the shop with the same problem, it ended up being that he wound the dial past the stops and stripped all the internals. When you wind the dial can you just keep winding it all the way around or is there a point where it stops both ways?

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
what if you have *chain lube/some sorta crap* on your rotars and pads, whats a good way to clean them? fine grit sand paper?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011849
Mobile Version of Website