mountain cycle battery

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
mountain cycle battery
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 17:21 Quote
I don't have any problems with the swing arms flexing on either one of my battery's. I would check the pivot bolt and also check to see if you need to replace the bearings. There are two bearing on each side and they are completely sealed, so unless you ride in the mud and or extreme elements I wouldn't think that they would need replacement. I am of course assuming that the wheel is perfectly true and is not wobble-ling enough to make contact. GL

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 at 13:57 Quote
dytrdr6 wrote:
I don't have any problems with the swing arms flexing on either one of my battery's. I would check the pivot bolt and also check to see if you need to replace the bearings. There are two bearing on each side and they are completely sealed, so unless you ride in the mud and or extreme elements I wouldn't think that they would need replacement. I am of course assuming that the wheel is perfectly true and is not wobble-ling enough to make contact. GL

all my bolts are tight. so is the rear wheel and chain guide/cranks . i honestly believe its the frame thats flexing. ive emailed mc about it. ill be waiting to hear from them soon. thanks for the input man . any ideas to fix it thou ?

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
Did you buy the frame new or used, if its used perhaps someone took it apart and forgot to put one of the spacers that go in between the bearing and the front triangle. I would check that, also check your shock hardware. If none of this fixes it I hope MC helps you out, I have had nothing but positive experiences dealing with them on the phone. It should go bearing carrier, two bearings, swing arm, two spacers and front triangle than reverse on the other side.

My only gripe so far with MC has been the discontinued 12mm dropouts, this frame is only 2 years for them not to have replacements. Right now they said they are too expensive to make and unless they get a lot of interest they won't make another batch.

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 1:31 Quote
Never had any problems with flex on mine, If ur having trouble finding 12mm dropouts see if you can get a 10mm bolt thru one, superstar components do them, works kinda like a maxle but in normal dropouts and stiffens the back end up lovely!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011882
Mobile Version of Website