The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
underated- Gulevich

overated- Darren Bearcloth, i am sick of seeing him do the same things in every movie i see in him, 3's and tail whips is all he does!

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
gulevich for sure...underrated.

Berrecloth, I don't think he's overrated, He's a pioneer of freeride.
maybe not the "best" rider out there but damn good for sure.
I always enjoy seeing him throw some ss. into a dh run.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
dmadness wrote:
gulevich for sure...underrated.

Berrecloth, I don't think he's overrated, He's a pioneer of freeride.
maybe not the "best" rider out there but damn good for sure.
I always enjoy seeing him throw some ss. into a dh run.

Ya i agree but the same things in every movie just get repatative

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
true. I'd love to see him invert.. I hear he doesn't like too...that's why.

I'd like to see more video's carry a theme throughut the video, like back in the day, it seem's that the video "theme" is completly random now and is really a time killer between segment's.

That's one of the reasons I like NWD4 disorderly conduct so much, they kept the "prison break" theme throughout the movie and it was well done and entertaining.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
Over rated - Anderu Lacondeguy. He can dirtjump, awesome. He isn't consistent and bitches too much in comps from what I've seen, yet every kid likes him, it's the same way with Sam Hill.

Under rated - Ryder Kasprick. The guy has sick style and is one of the few who has double tailwhips dialed. He can also shred big mountain and is not all about dirtjumping, plus he's chill and has a kid.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
I think the comparison between cam mccaul and andreu does not make very much sence. They are both very talented and skilled riders, who push the limit of the sport. Both have won comps but more important: both seem to have fun on their bikes and they inspire young kids to shred their bikes.

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
Thats the stupidest shit i have ever heard Bourdon is a monster he throws shit down. He goes for a flat spin of like a 50 ft gap and nobody else did more than a straight air!
poozank wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
so lets hear y u people think bourdon is overrated... and leave out the slopestyle nonsennse
he justs goes off cliff he never does anything innovative

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
He is such a cool guy i don't get why everyone thinks he is a dick! He almost got me a bike for 2 grand off and he just hung out and talked to me about stuff for like an hour. Maybe he is a dick to people cause no body ever stops ragging on him cause he is short if someone did that to me i guess i would be an a*shole to them too!
raceface77 wrote:
mike-l wrote:
i personally thing robbie bourdon is overated
He's also a Dick... I had a few beers with him a few seasons ago and he's rude to people, I don't care for him either

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
eblackwell wrote:
He is such a cool guy i don't get why everyone thinks he is a dick! He almost got me a bike for 2 grand off and he just hung out and talked to me about stuff for like an hour. Maybe he is a dick to people cause no body ever stops ragging on him cause he is short if someone did that to me i guess i would be an a*shole to them too!
raceface77 wrote:
mike-l wrote:
i personally thing robbie bourdon is overated
He's also a Dick... I had a few beers with him a few seasons ago and he's rude to people, I don't care for him either
dont worry you do that so well

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
It's a shame that "mountain biking freeride" has been overshadowed by "slopestyle", I have so much respect for all the guys you have mentioned but all this "slopestyle" stuff bores the shit out of me, I mean come on.. it's turning into 26" BMX on man made terrain.
Why has Mountain Biking gone EMO?
Why is it not cool to huck and rip DH anymore?
Do riders have to wear piss pot lids, EMO trainers and jeans hanging off thier ass with fashion style to be rated now a days....

Anyway's I miss Super T, Steve Romanuik, but I feel Bender has always been over-rated.
I think that Gee Atherton is really under-rated, and possibly one of the best riders out there.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
willshiels wrote:
It's a shame that "mountain biking freeride" has been overshadowed by "slopestyle", I have so much respect for all the guys you have mentioned but all this "slopestyle" stuff bores the shit out of me, I mean come on.. it's turning into 26" BMX on man made terrain.
Do riders have to wear piss pot lids, EMO trainers and jeans hanging off thier ass with fashion style to be rated now a days....

Anyway's I miss Super T, Steve Romanuik, but I feel Bender has always been over-rated.
I think that Gee Atherton is really under-rated, and possibly one of the best riders out there.
i agree lets get mountains back in moutain biking

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
poozank wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Yeah, that's what I ment to say. Yeah, F!*k yeah!

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
willshiels wrote:
poozank wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Well how in the hell can that be accomplished? There are no big mountain events... the closest thing is Kranked 7 but its jus a film and they really really push the big mountain riding so im stoked to get it... I think we really really have to push the major sponsors of our sport to put topgether an event...

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
willshiels wrote:
poozank wrote:

Well how in the hell can that be accomplished? There are no big mountain events... the closest thing is Kranked 7 but its jus a film and they really really push the big mountain riding so im stoked to get it... I think we really really have to push the major sponsors of our sport to put topgether an event...
like a contest who can build and ride the best big mountain course

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
poozank wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
willshiels wrote:

like a contest who can build and ride the best big mountain course
You mean like DH racing with kudos for style?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.025705
Mobile Version of Website