The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
willshiels wrote:
poozank wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:

Well how in the hell can that be accomplished? There are no big mountain events... the closest thing is Kranked 7 but its jus a film and they really really push the big mountain riding so im stoked to get it... I think we really really have to push the major sponsors of our sport to put topgether an event...
like a contest who can build and ride the best big mountain course
You mean like DH racing with kudos for style?
Red Bull Rampage is the closest to that.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
poozank wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Yeah, that's what I ment to say. Yeah, F!*k yeah!

Well how in the hell can that be accomplished? There are no big mountain events... the closest thing is Kranked 7 but its jus a film and they really really push the big mountain riding so im stoked to get it... I think we really really have to push the major sponsors of our sport to put topgether an event...

well hear.... im going to make a new thread called Thread dedicated to big mountain riding... so look for it in a few min

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
poozank wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:

well hear.... im going to make a new thread called Thread dedicated to big mountain riding... so look for it in a few min
Com'on man I don't want to see loads of pic's of fold riding my ex-wife...

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
willshiels wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
poozank wrote:

Com'on man I don't want to see loads of pic's of fold riding my ex-wife...
im sure noone wants to see that too... but back to this threads ideas.. thanks

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
willshiels wrote:
poozank wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:

You mean like DH racing with kudos for style?
like dh but with creative use of natuaral elements more air time and style but still fast and techy

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
Yeah, I think Slopestyle is essentually Dirt Jumping on slightly larger bikes...
Bring back real freeride!

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
norcodj wrote:
gabodude wrote:
overrated? Kyle strait... turndowns and tables can only take you so far in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with that. Ever since that win at Rampage he has done almost nothing special in freeriding.

No way Kyle Straight is overrated. First of all he did win that last rampage. And I've seen him pull better tricks at krankworx than Berecloth. He was the first and one of two who pulled a backflip onto the container for the final at Krankworx 2006. It think he then did a tail whip off the other side. the guy is absolutely underrated - the exact opposite.

The most overrated guy is Andrew Shandro. He shoots downhill scenes in movies where the terrain is like single track. I don't care how fast he's going - anyone could ride those trails fast. And who gives a shite about the dude anyway, why is he even in videos!!!???

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
romer wrote:
norcodj wrote:
gabodude wrote:
overrated? Kyle strait... turndowns and tables can only take you so far in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with that. Ever since that win at Rampage he has done almost nothing special in freeriding.

No way Kyle Straight is overrated. First of all he did win that last rampage. And I've seen him pull better tricks at krankworx than Berecloth. He was the first and one of two who pulled a backflip onto the container for the final at Krankworx 2006. It think he then did a tail whip off the other side. the guy is absolutely underrated - the exact opposite.

The most overrated guy is Andrew Shandro. He shoots downhill scenes in movies where the terrain is like single track. I don't care how fast he's going - anyone could ride those trails fast. And who gives a shite about the dude anyway, why is he even in videos!!!???
whoa that liek crankworx 2005 maybe... and how can he tailwhip a demo with fox 40???? we jus tweaked off the other side... and shandro's parts are awesome... those are scenic awesome trails...

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
willshiels wrote:
poozank wrote:
willshiels wrote:
It's a shame that "mountain biking freeride" has been overshadowed by "slopestyle", I have so much respect for all the guys you have mentioned but all this "slopestyle" stuff bores the shit out of me, I mean come on.. it's turning into 26" BMX on man made terrain.
Why has Mountain Biking gone EMO?
Why is it not cool to huck and rip DH anymore?
Do riders have to wear piss pot lids, EMO trainers and jeans hanging off thier ass with fashion style to be rated now a days....

Anyway's I miss Super T, Steve Romanuik, but I feel Bender has always been over-rated.
I think that Gee Atherton is really under-rated, and possibly one of the best riders out there.
i agree lets get mountains back in moutain biking

I like how you guys stereo type all bmxers as emo, tight pantsed loosers when not all of them are. Theres just as many mtbers that do that as bmxers. And as for why DH isnt exciting( just my thought) I dont really find watching someone or going down hills really fast. I just dont find that exciting

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 9:21 Quote
I think that matt hunter is really underrated. I had never even heard of him until i had watched seasons, i thimnk he had one of the best parts(and best music) other than vanderham

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 9:21 Quote
scottcampbell wrote:
willshiels wrote:
poozank wrote:
i agree lets get mountains back in moutain biking

I like how you guys stereo type all bmxers as emo, tight pantsed loosers when not all of them are. Theres just as many mtbers that do that as bmxers. And as for why DH isnt exciting( just my thought) I dont really find watching someone or going down hills really fast. I just dont find that exciting

experience it in person then come tell me that... stay on topic

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
TBRADS wrote:
I think that matt hunter is really underrated. I had never even heard of him until i had watched seasons, i thimnk he had one of the best parts(and best music) other than vanderham

and how long have u been in mtbing??

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
under rated? the bros that ride with the pros, some people are sick,but don't want the lime light, they just ride.
over rated? hard to say as certain blocks of time produce different riders...
The one the comes to mind is Russ Morrel, not to put the guy down as he has done bigger everything than I will, but for the 03 rampage he was billed as the craziest because he was riding the Rampage course on a hardtail, but he crashed out hard early on in the comp

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
TBRADS wrote:
i knew of him but i still think he is underatted

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
Joshua Bender is ridiculously underrated. None of you have any idea of his skills. Hell he is the man behind most of Keystone and Silverton bike parks. He is fast, smooth, and has some good style. He has a pretty damn good bag of tricks as well. This isnt 2001 anymore folks get over it. He is riding a single crown 36 fork on an Ellsworth dare frame, and he kills it. He can do huge tables off ridiculous rock wallrides and stuff. He's not just some dude on a 12 inch monster bike hucking cliffs anymore. And he is out of the limelight because of people like yourselves, badgering him and his name.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029697
Mobile Version of Website