Your time is short!!!

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Your time is short!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
coldfusion wrote:
Anybody heard about the air engine? It compresses normal air and feeds it into a piston engine, technically its free energy because the engine will run the compressor and still have energy left over for whatever need necessary.

Hate to break it to you. There is no such thing as free energy. It defies the most basic law of physics. Matter and energy are neither created nor destroyed. They simply change forms. Add friction to the system and you lose lots of energy in the form of radiant heat.

i forget waht it is, liquid nitrogen or something? you can float things on its gas or w/e it realeses and its frictionless

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
coldfusion wrote:
Anybody heard about the air engine? It compresses normal air and feeds it into a piston engine, technically its free energy because the engine will run the compressor and still have energy left over for whatever need necessary.

Hate to break it to you. There is no such thing as free energy. It defies the most basic law of physics. Matter and energy are neither created nor destroyed. They simply change forms. Add friction to the system and you lose lots of energy in the form of radiant heat.
It’s not free but still pretty efficient, I didn’t read everything of their site but here's the link: http://www.theaircar.com/index.html

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
seaplusplus wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
coldfusion wrote:

i forget waht it is, liquid nitrogen or something? you can float things on its gas or w/e it realeses and its frictionless

You still couldn't get "free" energy. It's a topic I enjoy reading about. That and perpetual motion.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
seaplusplus wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

You still couldn't get "free" energy. It's a topic I enjoy reading about. That and perpetual motion.

Well perpetual motion is in theory the basis of free energy... I've watched countless shows about these topics...

One of the coolest ideas was something like a ferris wheel that had weights on sliders and as it spun around the weight would be shifted to keep the thing moving... but yes free energy is impossible...

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
Unfortunately they can't get perpetual motion to work. If they did, we would probably have free energy.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
marty660 wrote:
Unfortunately they can't get perpetual motion to work. If they did, we would probably have free energy.

There is one that works. But it does not have the ability for electrical output. I saw it on a discovery channel special.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
coldfusion wrote:

It’s not free but still pretty efficient, I didn’t read everything of their site but here's the link: http://www.theaircar.com/index.html

Did you even read their concept? There is a tank of compressed air and it runs the motor. There is no compressor in the system. There still has to be a compressor that's powered by electricity, that most likely comes from fossil fuels. That's not an original idea at all. I have lots of air tools in my garage. They don't even have a working prototype engine. They are just another company latching onto the ecofreak craze, looking for investors, so they can make a buck. There's no shortage of energy on this planet. As long as there is a sun in the sky and matter on Earth there is energy available.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Did you even read their concept? There is a tank of compressed air and it runs the motor. There is no compressor in the system. There still has to be a compressor that's powered by electricity, that most likely comes from fossil fuels. That's not an original idea at all. I have lots of air tools in my garage. They don't even have a working prototype engine. They are just another company latching onto the ecofreak craze, looking for investors, so they can make a buck. There's no shortage of energy on this planet. As long as there is a sun in the sky and matter on Earth there is energy available.

No I didn't read their full website like I told you, but the idea is good though for small cars just like electricity. Not sure about the specs but it might just be better then electricity.

No they currently don't have a generator to compress more air on the car but it’s not very hard to add one on... But why would you need one anyways if the car gets something like 90 km on one tank? It’s not much compared to combustion engines but then again this car is for crowded cities.

Yeah their not the first to use air to power something, but I haven’t seen anyone else power a car with air.

And solar power isn’t the answer for this, you only get 15% efficiency because it only collects a certain wavelength of light, also you need fields of these panels to get power. Another option is to use sea buoys, they should generate a pretty good amount of power, they work by bobbing up and down in turbulent waters.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
No I didn't read their full website like I told you, but the idea is good though for small cars just like electricity. Not sure about the specs but it might just be better then electricity.

No they currently don't have a generator to compress more air on the car but it’s not very hard to add one on... But why would you need one anyways if the car gets something like 90 km on one tank? It’s not much compared to combustion engines but then again this car is for crowded cities.

Yeah their not the first to use air to power something, but I haven’t seen anyone else power a car with air.

And solar power isn’t the answer for this, you only get 15% efficiency because it only collects a certain wavelength of light, also you need fields of these panels to get power. Another option is to use sea buoys, they should generate a pretty good amount of power, they work by bobbing up and down in turbulent waters.

Did you forget your first post on this topic? You claimed that the engine drove it's own compressor and thus created free energy. Here's your post incase you forgot:

coldfusion wrote:

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
coldfusion wrote:

Did you forget your first post on this topic? You claimed that the engine drove it's own compressor and thus created free energy. Here's your post incase you forgot:

coldfusion wrote:

RANDOM CONFUSION!!!

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:

I didn't forget, I was wrong because like you said their no such thing as free energy

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
coldfusion wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

I was reading through the site and they have some modified speed bump thing that's supposed to be used to create the compressed air, but it's not exactly free. They're just stealing energy from other cars.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
scientists say the world wont end for billions of years. All that stuff about 2012 is complete stupidness. There are many people fixing the enviroment

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
I struggle with depression about this too... I just decided that. My time is short. I shouldn't worry about it, I should do something... Worked for me.

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
TheGamer wrote:
I struggle with depression about this too... I just decided that. My time is short. I shouldn't worry about it, I should do something... Worked for me.

You should also decide to stop grave-digging and possibly use six or seven less periods.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036936
Mobile Version of Website