Your time is short!!!

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Your time is short!!!
Posted: Nov 20, 2010 at 16:12 Quote
Holy grave-dig batman
Don't gravedig and then just leave a one liner man

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 4:29 Quote
We will never use any alternative power on any scale while there's oil left because of the title of the tread. Those who are making billions of dollars from it don't want anything to change & don't give a sh*t about the environment or anything else as long as they have a nice time for as long as their around. Air powered engines have been around for about a hundred years, for more modern stuff checkout the airpod ( French I think, its design is not perfect but it's one of the best I've seen ). If you work the numbers a bit ( I've been working on one on & off for years ) you see these engines can be immensely powerful & like steam ( pressure driven ) they pull max torque from 0 rpm, for recharge all you need is air stations powered by renewable means, this is totally viable now. Don't buy hybrid cars they are a totally false economy. More oil will be used in the production of your hybrid car than it will save compared to a twenty year old gas guzzler over the life of the car, have a guess why they want you to buy them.

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 6:14 Quote
ManiacInBlack wrote:
We will never use any alternative power on any scale while there's oil left because of the title of the tread. Those who are making billions of dollars from it don't want anything to change & don't give a sh*t about the environment or anything else as long as they have a nice time for as long as their around.

Don't buy hybrid cars they are a totally false economy. More oil will be used in the production of your hybrid car than it will save compared to a twenty year old gas guzzler over the life of the car, have a guess why they want you to buy them.

Those people making billions of dollars will start giving a shit when their cash cow starts dying. Most people assume that these business owners are so stupid that they are just gonna run their wells dry and be left with no resources. Thats just not the case. I can almost guarantee that every oil company is working on several alternative energy projects to either make their oil last longer, or find a replacement.

I'd like to point out that on average technology advances two fold every 18 months. Given a period of ten years it is truly unimaginable to think of what scientists will come up with

and correct... Most alternative energies a lot of people promote are actually worse in the long run then just using oil

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 6:48 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
ManiacInBlack wrote:
We will never use any alternative power on any scale while there's oil left because of the title of the tread. Those who are making billions of dollars from it don't want anything to change & don't give a sh*t about the environment or anything else as long as they have a nice time for as long as their around.

Don't buy hybrid cars they are a totally false economy. More oil will be used in the production of your hybrid car than it will save compared to a twenty year old gas guzzler over the life of the car, have a guess why they want you to buy them.

Those people making billions of dollars will start giving a shit when their cash cow starts dying. Most people assume that these business owners are so stupid that they are just gonna run their wells dry and be left with no resources. Thats just not the case. I can almost guarantee that every oil company is working on several alternative energy projects to either make their oil last longer, or find a replacement.

I'd like to point out that on average technology advances two fold every 18 months. Given a period of ten years it is truly unimaginable to think of what scientists will come up with

and correct... Most alternative energies a lot of people promote are actually worse in the long run then just using oil

Look back ten years... everything is the same just no cell-phones and less internet...

Oh wait, in my books that's a good thing...

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 7:06 Quote
While I agree that is a general rule. Somethings are faster and some aren't.

If you look at solar panels ten years ago. They quite frankly sucked. Now I'm reading they are reaching their theoretical limits of capacity. Same goes for hybrid technology, while a lot of it still sucks. Stuff like hydrogen has some out of nowhere and done amazing. Honda's Clarity FCX is another technology that just kinda popped up recently

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 8:23 Quote

This was my point, despite the fact that you're correct we still use oil.
It could be replaced now.

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 8:34 Quote
ManiacInBlack wrote:

This was my point, despite the fact that you're correct we still use oil.
It could be replaced now.

But not as efficiently. I went to a lecture given by the CEO of Duke Energy (biggest energy company in the southeast I think) and he basically said that oil is still the best bang for their buck. This includes subsidies that they would get for building "cleaner" energy plants from the government (which are dumb cause they just deflate the true cost of energy and put it on the taxpayers).

When other forms of energy become more efficient you bet every energy company will switch to them. Right now thats where the science of energy is. Trying to make this things better so that they can get an edge on the market.

Also wind is just dumb. It'll never be a viable source of energy

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 8:58 Quote
"But not as efficiently. I went to a lecture given by the CEO of Duke Energy (biggest energy company in the southeast I think) and he basically said that oil is still the best bang for their buck."

I wonder how much he get's paid for that opinion & for publicly stating that, not to mention how dumb it would be for that guy to say anything else anyway.

Also wind is just dumb. It'll never be a viable source of energy[/Quote]

But Geothermal power could run the whole world right now, not only that but there would be a massive power surplus, it's very clean ( exhaust's steam & nothing else ) & it will never run out. Implementation cost's would be high but then maintenance cost's would be negligible compared to traditional fossil fuel power plants. I did think that they could be used to irrigate desert's too if you just build enough in the right places on the correct side of the prevailing wind.

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 9:15 Quote
ManiacInBlack wrote:
"But not as efficiently. I went to a lecture given by the CEO of Duke Energy (biggest energy company in the southeast I think) and he basically said that oil is still the best bang for their buck."

I wonder how much he get's paid for that opinion & for publicly stating that, not to mention how dumb it would be for that guy to say anything else anyway.

Also wind is just dumb. It'll never be a viable source of energy

But Geothermal power could run the whole world right now, not only that but there would be a massive power surplus, it's very clean ( exhaust's steam & nothing else ) & it will never run out. Implementation cost's would be high but then maintenance cost's would be negligible compared to traditional fossil fuel power plants. I did think that they could be used to irrigate desert's too if you just build enough in the right places on the correct side of the prevailing wind.[/Quote]

Not sure what you getting at about the CEO. Its a factual statement that oil is the cheapest way to produce energy. For what its worth in the next couple years they are building three nuclear power plants and one solar farm. No oil burning crap, why, because their customers demand it. Not to mention government taxes breaks and incentives to reduce the real cost of these alternative energies. Another thing worth mentioning is they have been testing systems to reduce energy consumption for houses by installing sensors to control electrical output. Thus the houses can use less energy. People seem to have the idea that all energy companies are brainwashed for big oil and don't give a shit about the environment

Geothermal is great. My only point is that wind sucks. You can't squeeze any more power out of the wind where as with geothermal and solar you can.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038706
Mobile Version of Website