What to do to make my bike lighter?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What to do to make my bike lighter?
O+
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
cut the steerer tube that will save tons. if your really keen on shaving weight drill holes in your handlebars it wont effect the strength at all tup

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
xtcwoopass wrote:
or you could remove your seat tube and just weld the rails to the frameL:Big Grin lol

thats not a bad idear

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
MR-STP2 wrote:
xtcwoopass wrote:
or you could remove your seat tube and just weld the rails to the frameL:Big Grin lol

thats not a bad idear

You actually think we're joking lol. I'd say get rid of the seat clamp and get a built in seat thingy one...
Also cut your seat tube, change cranks, cut steerer, change tubes and tyres. Ti bolts, but that'll cost a lot.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
Ti spoke's and ghetto tubeless!

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
Without a spec list

Get a standard rotor
Ti as much as you can
Hollowtech BB/crankset
Go tubeless or atleast folding bead tyres.
Mag pedals!

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
new cranks, get some 3peice bmx light as f*ck ones with ti spindle that would be shit hot with a new chainring downsize just for the grammes... maybe a new rear rim with a singlespeed hub?

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
norcorider121 wrote:
cut the steerer tube that will save tons. if your really keen on shaving weight drill holes in your handlebars it wont effect the strength at all tup

just make sure u drill speed hole so u go faster!

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
My first steps would be wheels, crankset, saddle, and a 160mm rotor.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
cut the seat post, cut the bars down, plastic pedals(i know there for bmxs but there light and work just aswell), get ti spokes loose the bash guard

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:40 Quote
i don't know is it just me or are some of you shit-heads?i just asked a simple f*cking question with what idea do people have and you just make fun. it does NOT prove that your intelligent at all just to stupid to realize

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
yeah...i ordered a demolition crank set with odyssey euro bb odyssey trailmix pedals tree bike co. spline drive sproket and i am searching for some new wheels like: Sun rims Mtx white with a rear singlespeed hub and a ns simple 20mm front hub and a new stem maybe an ns quark. actually the cranks may look heavy but the interior is empty it has like 1 kg with basguard...thanks all with suggestions

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
Buy light tubes and tiress, you can easily shave like a pound off from that if you got some midly heavy tires on already. Also, cut your seat post if it's really long. If you always ride it low, then cut the bar really low. Also, if your bars feel a bit wide, cut off like a centimetre or inch on each side, shaves a bit of weight and can feel alot better when you ride. (This is 100% personal choice, some people like wide bars)

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
patrickrider wrote:
Buy light tubes and tiress, you can easily shave like a pound off from that if you got some midly heavy tires on already. Also, cut your seat post if it's really long. If you always ride it low, then cut the bar really low. Also, if your bars feel a bit wide, cut off like a centimetre or inch on each side, shaves a bit of weight and can feel alot better when you ride. (This is 100% personal choice, some people like wide bars)

most of you people are gonan call me stupid but depending on what rims you have you can drill holes on the inside to shave weight and no you wont kill itif you case just shaveing less weight my friend chris the trials guy always drills rims for mtbers

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
extremes wrote:
yeah...i ordered a demolition crank set with odyssey euro bb odyssey trailmix pedals tree bike co. spline drive sproket and i am searching for some new wheels like: Sun rims Mtx white with a rear singlespeed hub and a ns simple 20mm front hub and a new stem maybe an ns quark. actually the cranks may look heavy but the interior is empty it has like 1 kg with basguard...thanks all with suggestions

Dude buy Mavic 729's or 721's on hope pro 2 hubs

XT Cranks for sure

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
point243racer wrote:
most of you people are gonan call me stupid but depending on what rims you have you can drill holes on the inside to shave weight and no you wont kill itif you case just shaveing less weight my friend chris the trials guy always drills rims for mtbers

That's not stupid man.. my buddy has his fornt and rear bmx rim drilled out.. between the spoke holes front and rear and on the front side walls (brakeing surface)obviously he doesn't run a front brake.. that's just taking it to the next level of being a weight weenie..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029450
Mobile Version of Website