Posted: May 18, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
places to ride in south wales the would be worth the push

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
tomp1bike wrote:
clyne dirt jumps
i wouldnt reccomend them this time of the year
id say cwmcarn its pretty awesome

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
Depends what type of riding. I'm assuming Dh so theres quite a lot.

-Rheola
-Cwmcarn (has an uplift)
-Mtn Ash
-Kilvey

Loads more, check:

www.dragondownhill.co.uk

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 5:26 Quote
I am heading down to South Wales this weekend, and will be staying in the Afan Valley, I normally ride the trail centres but ths time I am wanting to ride more DH tracks.

I am probably going to ride Kilvey Hill and possibly Clyne.

I am thinking about heading to Rheola, but am unsure about it's location, I know it is up the Glynneath valley and near Resolven, does anyone have any better directions?

Also is it possible to ride Mountain Ash, as I heard that the forestry are logging some parts of South Wales?

Cheers.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
philly-g wrote:
I am heading down to South Wales this weekend, and will be staying in the Afan Valley, I normally ride the trail centres but ths time I am wanting to ride more DH tracks.

I am probably going to ride Kilvey Hill and possibly Clyne.

I am thinking about heading to Rheola, but am unsure about it's location, I know it is up the Glynneath valley and near Resolven, does anyone have any better directions?

Also is it possible to ride Mountain Ash, as I heard that the forestry are logging some parts of South Wales?

Cheers.

Will you be taking a DJ jump bike to clyne? Because the "slalom" (DH part) isn't that special. Although if you have a wonder round the forest you'll find a few things like northshore, small figure of 8 track etc.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
sam-davies wrote:

Will you be taking a DJ jump bike to clyne? Because the "slalom" (DH part) isn't that special. Although if you have a wonder round the forest you'll find a few things like northshore, small figure of 8 track etc.

I will be riding a downhill bike, are the jumps/tracks close together or are they spread out?

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
well , you would be able to ride kilvey and clyne in the same day , theyre about a 20 minute cycle from eachother , and in clyne all the tracks are near eachother , but if im honest theyre not really worth it , the dirtjumps are amazing , but theres really not much challenging downhill

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
philly-g wrote:
sam-davies wrote:

I will be riding a downhill bike, are the jumps/tracks close together or are they spread out?

Basicly you go along the cycle track until you turn off to go to clyne, you push up the track and at the top are all the dirt jumps, if you keep going up past the dirt jumps you'll get to a fireroad which is one of the ones in the forest. From there you can explore a bit.

Alternatively you can go along the cycle track until you see the pond, behind the pond are some steps which you can push up and then theres various northshore structures dotted about.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
I will probably head to both of those places.

Just wondering about the location of Rheola, I have found a map which says it it near a place called Pentreclwydau. There is a forest road that goes up into the forest, is the track hard to find from this point?
I raced Mountain Ash and the track finished near to the forest road.

Thanks.

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
jasons?(goldtecks)
is a good ride

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
gawton is open mate and if downhill is your thing you should get down there 3 tracks that look ammazing get this months dirt magazine for a look

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
Gawton also has an uplift at weekends, so if you don't want to push, you can ride up as wellas downSmile

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011041
Mobile Version of Website