My VPS 3 Need some help on what to do with it

PB Forum :: Downhill
My VPS 3 Need some help on what to do with it
| Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
ima just looking for any demo if you go to my profile you should see my bike and mine is older to so it might help you figure out what to upgrade

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
waterboy552 wrote:
Yeah i wanted to get new front and back any suggestions on what would be a good one? for a decent price that is.. and yeah im going to replace the rims and tires to with double track in the back and sngle in the front if thats a good way to go..

Since you're just starting those rims will be fine.
As for tires, Kenda Nevegals or Maxxis Minnions are both nice.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
freerider1057 wrote:
ima just looking for any demo if you go to my profile you should see my bike and mine is older to so it might help you figure out what to upgrade

From the look of it, just sell your frame, save some money and buy a new or lightly used frame.
Your part list doesnt look to shabby. What kind of riding are you most into?

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
Alright and what do you mean alu has a shelf life of 7 years do you mean the frame has only 7 years on it and its gunna crack if i do some jumps?

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
waterboy552 wrote:
Alright and what do you mean alu has a shelf life of 7 years do you mean the frame has only 7 years on it and its gunna crack if i do some jumps?
it becomes brittle looses most of its give and will crack easier.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
Oh ok but really do you think it will be ok seems to hold up fine

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
waterboy552 wrote:

Most aluminum frames start to fatigue after about 7 years. Since your not going to be riding super hard it should be fine.
If your hard on your bike after every ride check your chain stays as those types of frames were prone to cracking on the stays.
You should be fine, just regular check ups and maintenance

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
Wes-Barber wrote:
freerider1057 wrote:

From the look of it, just sell your frame, save some money and buy a new or lightly used frame.
\

k thanks for the help and my bike is 7 years old and it holds up fine i dont have any recent pics up here but i do 6 - 8 foot drops and it holds up fine you should be ok

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
freerider1057 wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:
freerider1057 wrote:

\

k thanks for the help and my bike is 7 years old and it holds up fine i dont have any recent pics up here but i do 6 - 8 foot drops and it holds up fine you should be ok

Yeha a new frame sounds about right for you.
Demos are nice. Lots to pick from though.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
Alrighty i will do that then

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010653
Mobile Version of Website