what happened to redbull rampage?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
what happened to redbull rampage?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:14 Quote
i was just reading the "should mtb be in the x-games thread" and someone made the comment "redbull rampage events are dead" how did this happen, how did we close off that part of our sport?

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:16 Quote
People just became more interested in doing tricks than sending it.

Im not sure why... It just became more marketable i guess

Id much rather watch RBR than Crankworks if im honest

Mod
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:19 Quote
didn't they stop it because to many people were getting injured doing it?

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
Bring back Rampage!!!

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
man if you look at the last year of rampage, i think THAT'S where mtb should be going. f*ck qashqai....the one decent course has terrible judging. 04 rampage was incredible, kyle strait threw a trick over a 70 foot stepdown, cam zink almost 3'd a 20 footish natural drop, a dh racer did a 30 foot drop hauling ass...imagine berrecloth 3ing a 30 foot stepdown, kyle strait double tailwhipping a natural gap-stepdown....they NEED to bring rampage back...it would seriously save the sport

i'm thinking alaska would be coolBig Grin

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 21:24 Quote
starcbiker wrote:
i was just reading the "should mtb be in the x-games thread" and someone made the comment "redbull rampage events are dead" how did this happen, how did we close off that part of our sport?

I said that. Freeride evolved. Basically got sick of people sending big gaps and turning their bars. It would be cool to bring it back though to see what new tricks would be possible on that terrain.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
good impute it's shame they canceled the rampage and i agree something in Alaska would be SICK

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 15:05 Quote
The only reason it was cancelled was because of the injuries. Too many people decending down natural terrain and not knowing how or where to land. By that time its already too late...........

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 23:41 Quote
it ended when redbull moved their sponsership to other areas.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 3:51 Quote
there were serious environmental concerns too...the natural area they were using was designated as park land, and was taking a beating from all the vehicles, spectators and equipment being lugged in

Red Bull also have a marketing philosophy to not sponsor an event for more than a couple of years, to stop things getting "stale"....

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
redbull ended it to keep things fresh. they run all their extreme sports events for three years, and then end it. partly because the focus and style of sports changes, also to keep up their fresh and up to date image.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
Remember. Red bull goes where the money is. And Moab Utah just wasn't enough anymore.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 18:36 Quote
I'll agree that Rampage was a sick event and it gave alot of riders their starts. Watching people send it off huge cliffs is sick. But, the sport has evolved from big almost cumbersome hucks to harder more technical riding. It's already started but soon there will be more technical tricks thrown off of huge ridiculus gaps and drops. It's all part of the evolution of the sport. And who knows what will come of the sport in the next ten years, or if it will have died by then. Theres only a certain amount that a sport can evolve, and at the rate its going, its going to run out of room pretty damn soon.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 19:08 Quote
dh-roach wrote:
I'll agree that Rampage was a sick event and it gave alot of riders their starts. Watching people send it off huge cliffs is sick. But, the sport has evolved from big almost cumbersome hucks to harder more technical riding. It's already started but soon there will be more technical tricks thrown off of huge ridiculus gaps and drops. It's all part of the evolution of the sport. And who knows what will come of the sport in the next ten years, or if it will have died by then. Theres only a certain amount that a sport can evolve, and at the rate its going, its going to run out of room pretty damn soon.

Exactly.

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
They stoped red bull rampage because enviromental reasons

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024193
Mobile Version of Website