BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 15:02 Quote
ChaseMe wrote:
amalgam wrote:
*bump for all fellow montrealers and quebec residents*

who else is excited for bromont?! lol

i'm eagerly awaiting the opening. it will be my first time actually riding at bromont and i can't wait!

I think I remember your avatar from Mtlracing, what bike did you end up with? I'm pretty excited to hit Bromont this year too. I've been twice, but this was back around 2000/01 on my hard tail 45lbs beast. I have a nice light FS XC bike now so it should be pretty fun.

hahaha yes! that *IS* me you saw on montrealracing. small world! i'm bassACE on there. also i think Rollingsound is on here as well.

I still haven't bought a new bike, i'm using my Giant hardtail at the moment but will be looking more seriously towards the end of this month and next month (sub $1k used).

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
Good stuff. I sold my Giant hardtail about 7yrs ago to get golf clubs. Ya I don't know what I was thinking either...

Anyway last week I grabbed up this: https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4802193/

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
Evol wrote:
For those of you who would like a local site (Montreal area) and to plan rides (Bromont, etc.), feel free to join us at http://iamrider.com/forum.
Oh, and yeah, I should be there with my blue Aline...If you see me, feel free to say hi.

Yeah with your 2009 dirt still on that bike. LMAO 3 weeks to go. Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
Hi all. can someone tell me if bromont is open 7 days a week or just on the weekends... i searched their web site and cant find

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
they will be opened on week-ends and holidays only until june 21st, then 7 days a week until August 29th.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
dstinky wrote:
Hi all. can someone tell me if bromont is open 7 days a week or just on the weekends... i searched their web site and cant find

www.skibromont.com

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 13:09 Quote
gothic666hell wrote:
dstinky wrote:

www.skibromont.com

Ya deja repondue l'autre mais si ont regarde bien sur le site de Sli Bromont c'est pas claire a 100% qu'elle periode il ouvre 7 jours semaine. Wink

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 13:41 Quote
chrisinmontreal wrote:
they will be opened on week-ends and holidays only until june 21st, then 7 days a week until August 29th.

That is f*cking GHEY. perhaps it's always been like this, and it sucks.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
amalgam wrote:
chrisinmontreal wrote:

Why, school is still going on and us normal people work so on a business point of view makes no sense to be open at a huge loss. Where lucky to have 2 open in Quebec 7 days a week during summer. I know Blue does the same by the way.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 13:52 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
amalgam wrote:
chrisinmontreal wrote:

Why, school is still going on and us normal people work so on a business point of view makes no sense to be open at a huge loss. Where lucky to have 2 open in Quebec 7 days a week during summer. I know Blue does the same by the way.

LOL, i too am normal and have a job. it just so happens that mine allows me to work weekends and have some weekdays off. it is on those weekdays i was hoping to get most of my riding done.

and "lucky" are we? Two proper trails in an entire province? technically the largest province in the country on top of that. this is not what i consider lucky.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
Could be worse, we lost 2 hills just last year within 2-3 hrs driving distance from me. Frown I'm self employed and could arrange my time for week day riding too but I take what I can get.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
Could be worse, we lost 2 hills just last year within 2-3 hrs driving distance from me. Frown I'm self employed and could arrange my time for week day riding too but I take what I can get.

Yeah... I suppose we are all in the same boat and take whatever we get. It's just unfortunate that the good trails are so few and the only one nearby, to my knowledge, is bromont. At 45 mins away it almost wouldn't be out of the question to change out of the work clothes and head up there right after work but with the limited opening hours and days, we're limited a bit.

It better not be a rainy season Big Grin

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
I hope it won't be raining like the last 2 summers too because between biking and boating it sure is a real pain in the A*SS

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 18:37 Quote
amalgam wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
amalgam wrote:

LOL, i too am normal and have a job. it just so happens that mine allows me to work weekends and have some weekdays off. it is on those weekdays i was hoping to get most of my riding done.

and "lucky" are we? Two proper trails in an entire province? technically the largest
province in the country on top of that. this is not what i consider lucky.

Bromont
Camp-fortune
Mont sainte-anne
and Mont-tremblant for some races

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
amalgam wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

and "lucky" are we? Two proper trails in an entire province? technically the largest
province in the country on top of that. this is not what i consider lucky.

Bromont
Camp-fortune
Mont sainte-anne
and Mont-tremblant for some races

Tremblant should not even be in that list, it's not open for DH to the general public.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012239
Mobile Version of Website