BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 14:38 Quote
4X bikes can take a hell of a lot of abuse, seen it at MSA world cup and it's unbelievable how much pounding they take. As I have told you before, you'll do just fine and probably learn faster with a smaller bike. Wink

Now if May 8th could only get here a little faster. Cry

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
yea im so stoked on going to bromont with the 4x. i might go the 8th if i get my bike back i brought it to the shop to tune it up make everything perfect. if anybody ever wants to ride bromont with me pm or talk to me cause i dont know many ppl who do dh all my friends bmx.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
HI. I coming up for opening weekend anyone know any cheap places to stay?? thanks

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
I just got info tonight that they got 25cm of snow this week which will be all melted before May 8th but expect it to be a mud fest. It was suggested to delay the opening but nope, they rather destroy the trails just so they open on the date writen. If it's going to be muddy as I think it will I won't be going and instead ride my trails in my home town.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 20:42 Quote
^^^Hmmm, this makes my decision to go the following weekend even better. Thanks for the update. Crazy weather.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 11:34 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
^^^Hmmm, this makes my decision to go the following weekend even better. Thanks for the update. Crazy weather.
We have a pretty good group with mixed ages going on our 4th year together and picking up new riders. Some people have a hard time finding someone to ride with, I have a problem not being able to ever ride on my own. Rolleyes So anyone ever want to hook up with some slightly disturbed people just send a message.

As for going on the 8th or weekend after? I might want to wait myself plus theirs an after riding BBQ party weekend of the 15th I was invited to and would start Bromont season just right for me. Beer

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
i would liek to ride with you guys couple times maybe the 15th if u guys want.. not to sure about going to barbeque after since i dont really know any people and i kinda shy but maybe Razz

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 18:16 Quote
I'm going to wait until it drys up a bit, It's going to be riiidddiiculousssly wet for a couple of weeks, they made a shite load of snow this year and the base stuck around a long time PLUS they got snow recently... some people like it like that, I don't lol... I'm not going every week this year to save some cash so I'm saving up for a nice day...

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 18:27 Quote
Ya I might wait until the 15th...Bromont is white at the moment. Stupid snow!!! Evil

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 7:00 Quote
FYI, I was at Bromont yesterday, and I could see quite a lot of snow on the mountain...

It should definitely be a mud fest for the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy if you're going for the opening! Wink

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 7:29 Quote
hi I just had a question for you bromont riders im planning on going there but what bike to bring I have a RM slayer and a jamis diablo? I was thinking the diablo but wanted a 2nd opinion thanks Big Grin

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 8:25 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
hi I just had a question for you bromont riders im planning on going there but what bike to bring I have a RM slayer and a jamis diablo? I was thinking the diablo but wanted a 2nd opinion thanks Big Grin
nah slayer

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 8:36 Quote
zenya wrote:
FYI, I was at Bromont yesterday, and I could see quite a lot of snow on the mountain...

Thanks for the update. Smile

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 14:21 Quote
zenya wrote:

Every year it's the same, I wouldn't worry , the 6, 7, 19, 20, 24 should be ok... maybe even the 23 and parts of the 18...hidden trails like ''les souches'' are great season starters as well...

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 14:50 Quote
I live 15 min away from Bromont and i already done like 10 run since the last month or so. I push my bike at least 1 day a week and all the trail are dry by now...the snow we had this week already melt up since today its like 30 degree out there! If we have some sun this week the trails will be A+ for the opening day! I remember riding in cold weather and mud for the first month from past year but this year with the early good weather it will be dry as it was dusty 2 weeks ago already!
See you on te trails!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014857
Mobile Version of Website