BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 16:52 Quote
xjiefx wrote:
I live 15 min away from Bromont and i already done like 10 run since the last month or so. I push my bike at least 1 day a week and all the trail are dry by now...the snow we had this week already melt up since today its like 30 degree out there! If we have some sun this week the trails will be A+ for the opening day! I remember riding in cold weather and mud for the first month from past year but this year with the early good weather it will be dry as it was dusty 2 weeks ago already!
See you on te trails!

Can you do us a favour and give an update mid week also end of the week please. Thanks for posting. Wink

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 10:56 Quote
I am going to go this weekend mud or not!
I'll ltt you all know how good or bad it is there.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 12:19 Quote
timaytoo wrote:
I am going to go this weekend mud or not!
I'll ltt you all know how good or bad it is there.

Sorry but this weekend thats too late, need to know before that.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 17:33 Quote
gravitypull wrote:
zenya wrote:
FYI, I was at Bromont yesterday, and I could see quite a lot of snow on the mountain...

It should definitely be a mud fest for the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy if you're going for the opening! Wink

Every year it's the same, I wouldn't worry , the 6, 7, 19, 20, 24 should be ok... maybe even the 23 and parts of the 18...hidden trails like ''les souches'' are great season starters as well...

i think i kno of this secret trail you are talking about, how would i get onto it though?

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 7:56 Quote

this is Bromont form yesterday! there.s little mud puddles at some place due to some rain we got but in general its super tacky and riding is super smooth! see you on the trail! Smile

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 10:46 Quote
Got a message yesterday from a friend near Bromont who confirmed all the snow was gone and the trails are in great shape just as a few of you here have mentioned as well. how ever that may very well change by this Saturday accordingly to the forcast, rain, rain. It's Tuesday right now so that could change mind you Bromont opening weekend has always been muddy and rain or snow and rain. LOL If it's not pissing rain and just a lite drizzle i'll be there, otherwise I have other stuff to do in my life. Wink

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 15:35 Quote
close to 20mm of rain on saturday..and really cold ! we are so lucky guys..

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 18:14 Quote
That's why the wise ones will not show up

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 18:37 Quote
Lets see, cold, check, rain, check, waiting in the cold rain to get on the lift, check.
Yeah, I'll pass. Hopefully the 15th will be nice.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 18:38 Quote
im not sure if im going yet.. my bike still in the sho but they say i shud have it by then. i want to but not sure it would be good time to go for my first time in that weather Razz

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
Evol wrote:
Lets see, cold, check, rain, check, waiting in the cold rain to get on the lift, check.
Yeah, I'll pass. Hopefully the 15th will be nice.
Well you know what always happens right, we show up it pisses rain and if we stay home it's ok to ride. But where a little far to gamble and have other things to do in life.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 20:43 Quote
got my season pass and im ready rain or shine

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:30 Quote
Latest News

WARNING! ABUNDANT RAIN FORECAST FOR THE WEEKEND: Before you make your way to the hill, please CONTACT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTEMENT to confirm that mountain biking will be in operation and that the activities will take place as scheduled. The opening is scheduled for Saturday, May 8, 2010.

http://www.skibromont.com/velo/en/

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:53 Quote
Yeah, it looks like a shit weekend for riding all around... rain in townships, rain in MTL... guess I'll just get drunk

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 16:10 Quote
Rollingsound514 wrote:
Yeah, it looks like a shit weekend for riding all around... rain in townships, rain in MTL... guess I'll just get drunk

I'm just glad Bromont is on their toes to update the status for the weekend. And occordingly to that update it won't be shitty riding if their closed but no riding period. Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013168
Mobile Version of Website