BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Author Message
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:07 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
9 Smile Big Grin Cool tup Beer Jailbreak Salute Helmet Batman Robin Drool \m/

1 digit territory YEEEEWWWW

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:18 Quote
Elgaucher wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:
9 Smile Big Grin Cool tup Beer Jailbreak Salute Helmet Batman Robin Drool \m/

1 digit territory YEEEEWWWW

YEAH!!!!!!!! Beer Big Grin tup Cool Salute Big Grin \m/

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 5:32 Quote
I feel like @kyleluvsdh will be crossing into Quebec about 2am, on some sketchy logging road bridge, in a matt black-painted car with the lights off... and for God's sake, hide that front license plate!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
I feel like @kyleluvsdh will be crossing into Quebec about 2am, on some sketchy logging road bridge, in a matt black-painted car with the lights off... and for God's sake, hide that front license plate!

Or I'm sure someone with an enterprise can make him an essentiel worker letter if need be

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
I feel like @kyleluvsdh will be crossing into Quebec about 2am, on some sketchy logging road bridge, in a matt black-painted car with the lights off... and for God's sake, hide that front license plate!

I'm actually very curious what his plan is... take off the front plate and hide the rear one with a bike rack and he's good to go.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
I am personally dying to get to Bromont (and SDM, and E47 and and and...), but not at the risk of a $1000 ticket. Hoping things open up by early June.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
I’m honestly hoping I can go, idk if I’ll be able to or not but I want to :’(.
Crazy how last year it wasn’t a problem and somehow a year later it might be an issue.. What a joke our government is. -.-

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
So how does Bromont compare to Blue, Horseshoe, or even Whistler?

Is it Techy? big jumps? Steep? Rocky? Sandy? Clay? Loose? Tried to get an idea from posted videos but hard to tell what is going on there.

How long are the runs 5 minutes or 15 minutes? I have been watching this forum for a bit and the stoke is super high, just seems like a long drive from Barrie, ON.

Also, can you ride the place hard for 3 days continuously (basically how bad are the brake bumps) or is it one of them places that just kills you after a full day of riding?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
8 Smile Big Grin Cool tup Beer Jailbreak Salute Helmet Batman Robin Drool \m/

We risk having a nice opening with lots of new stuff! Several mechanical excavators are currently working to add flow to the trails !!

He rebuilds the entire end of the village side :-)

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
So how does Bromont compare to Blue, Horseshoe, or even Whistler?

Is it Techy? big jumps? Steep? Rocky? Sandy? Clay? Loose? Tried to get an idea from posted videos but hard to tell what is going on there.

How long are the runs 5 minutes or 15 minutes? I have been watching this forum for a bit and the stoke is super high, just seems like a long drive from Barrie, ON.

Also, can you ride the place hard for 3 days continuously (basically how bad are the brake bumps) or is it one of them places that just kills you after a full day of riding?

About 5 minutes. But a tough 5 minute

Tech, gnarly, rock and there are several jumps but often without too much flow and often in technical tracks.

But there is something for every style (green, bleu, black, double black and secret track) and the moutain is currently working on improving few flow trails.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
jpjpj wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:
So how does Bromont compare to Blue, Horseshoe, or even Whistler?

Is it Techy? big jumps? Steep? Rocky? Sandy? Clay? Loose? Tried to get an idea from posted videos but hard to tell what is going on there.

How long are the runs 5 minutes or 15 minutes? I have been watching this forum for a bit and the stoke is super high, just seems like a long drive from Barrie, ON.

Also, can you ride the place hard for 3 days continuously (basically how bad are the brake bumps) or is it one of them places that just kills you after a full day of riding?

About 5 minutes. But a tough 5 minute

Tech, gnarly, rock and there are several jumps but often without too much flow and often in technical tracks.

But there is something for every style (green, bleu, black, double black and secret track) and the moutain is currently working on improving few flow trails.

there's the 56 which takes way longer than 5min , the avg time is 11min on that one. Always my warmup trails as it's a fun blue line with a bit of everything

even the 7 which is the most popular line at bromont is avg speed 10min, really depends on how much you go WFO

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
The enduro trails are a fair bit more flowy, if that's what you're looking for.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
So how does Bromont compare to Blue, Horseshoe, or even Whistler?

Is it Techy? big jumps? Steep? Rocky? Sandy? Clay? Loose? Tried to get an idea from posted videos but hard to tell what is going on there.

How long are the runs 5 minutes or 15 minutes? I have been watching this forum for a bit and the stoke is super high, just seems like a long drive from Barrie, ON.

Also, can you ride the place hard for 3 days continuously (basically how bad are the brake bumps) or is it one of them places that just kills you after a full day of riding?

Bromont is probably about 70% technical trails, maybe more maybe less. A good amount of rocks, some nice slabs here and there, some great larger features for expert and pro lever riders, as well as awesome progressive feeling blues and greens that can help get comfortable with jumping and help you work up to some of the bigger stuff if that’s our desire also. Some of the trails like #7 for example, I would consider a blue trail with some optional single black features. Although it’s a single black, it’s quite mellow and it just a fast trail if you want it to be. But the great think about #7 is its basically a blue trail so it’s chill if you want it to be, but the single black optional features give you some extra spice if you want to crank it up a bit! And it’s a flow trail if that’s your thing Big Grin
And as they said it’s definitely the most popular trail in the park, it gets ridden a lot.

I would also say the riding time on average is about 3-15 minutes depending on the rider, which side of the mountain, and depending on the run, if it’s a fall line that’s faster descending the mountain, or something that stagers across the mountain more to make the most of the vertical/a longer trail. It’s not clay, it’s more dirt mixed with sand if I remember correctly, with loam on lots of fresh surfaces of the mountain. And generally it rides pretty amazing in the wet. It’s not like Blue where if it’s wet you can’t ride it for 2-3 days, in a lot of cases a certain amount of rain can help the trails. And they don’t just close the lift if it rains like Blue also. If thunder claps or lightning flashes they pause the lifts for 30 min, and if it’s absolutely pissing rain they might shut the lift. Also for really high winds they’ve had to close certain lifts. It’s also rocky, not insanely rocky, but way rockier than Blue was. There’s probably 4x the rocks at Bromont than Blue, and it’s not shale it’s larger rock (mainly not boulders) but good sized rocks, and a good amount of them for all the tech lovers out there. Québec is generally very rocky, Bromont specially is apart of the Appalachian Mountain Range so it’s nice, chunky and rugged. But generally Québec has a lot more rocks than (Southern) Ontario, Northern Ontario is a lot rockier than the south. And if tech is your thing you will love it Québec. I personally am a HUGE technical downhill guy, and I enjoy freeride as well. But technical downhill is truly my favourite, places like Bromont,
Mont-Sainte-Anne, and Camp Fortune are technical DH heaven! They have a bit of flow here and there but it’s mainly tech because that’s what the terrain wants to be and calls for, it’s just so rocky it would be too costly to even try to remove all the rocks to make flow trails. So Horseshoe works with what they’ve got and can’t really make tech trails because of the terrain, places like Bromont, MSA and Camp Fortune it’s the opposite and they can’t really make much in the line of flow trails because the terrain is so rocky. Again they still do have a bit but it’s the opposite of Ontario, it’s more Tech, and I love it Big Grin .
And Mont-Sainte-Anne being the most rocky, gnarly and technical (In my opinion) but all 3 of them are amazing technical downhill bike parks Big Grin .

And then there’s places like MSS Bike Park and Le Massif Bike Park that have much more flowy trails Big Grin

Personally when I’m at Bromont I like to ride as many days as possible ideally, it depends on your endurance and other things I guess but when I’m there I like to go hammer down for
2-4 days in a row (sometimes more depending if it’s a long bike trip), I just take lots of breaks when I need them and generally am able to ride day after day if it’s with friends cuz we all keep the stoke high, and play off each others stoke. But even if you just want to ride 1 day, I’m sure you’ll have a good time! Big Grin

I hope we were all able to collectively answer
your question bro! Cheers Smile \m/

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
The enduro trails are a fair bit more flowy, if that's what you're looking for.

+1^

He’s right, the enduro trails are more flowy too Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007098
Mobile Version of Website