BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 19:54 Quote
Kyle, I think one of those bike parks should hire you as a PR guy.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 5:12 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
Kyle, I think one of those bike parks should hire you as a PR guy.

"VP of Stoke"

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:

I hope we were all able to collectively answer
your question bro! Cheers Smile \m/

Yes thanks, we should call you the "Liaison of Stoke" Beer seems like a steep technical rocky decent dirt place. Very steep & Tech usually scare me, curious to see how steep and tech it is, I'll hit it at least once this year if Dougy lets us come back home!?! Also, I did watch some dude ride 1837 at Mont-Sainte-Anne and some sections seem NASTY steep.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
There are trails for everyone. If steep and deep aren’t your thing, you will still have a good time.
The amount of kids riding in the park was amazing last year. From little rippers to beginners (my kids), there is definitely something for everyone to enjoy.
The one thing missing is some jump progression. The jumps are either small or big.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
rugbyred wrote:
There are trails for everyone. If steep and deep aren’t your thing, you will still have a good time.
The amount of kids riding in the park was amazing last year. From little rippers to beginners (my kids), there is definitely something for everyone to enjoy.
The one thing missing is some jump progression. The jumps are either small or big.

Currently bromont is doing a tune up at the #56 ... I believe there will be several new jumps in the new version.

The section that I walked had a lot of potential. To be confirmed at the opening

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
You all rock! It's folks like all of you that help keep the stoke alive! Not afraid to laugh, have fun and "let the hair down" as they say! Big Grin
You all absolutely ROCK! I look forward to seeing you all again, or for the first time! I can't wait until I can make it back to Bromont, here's hoping we all can go again soon! I miss the Bromont family and friends, the great times, and great trails!

I would honestly LOVE to be affiliated with Bromont, I have a huge passion for both riding and the mountain itself, I would love to be on the trail crew, officially or unofficially, that would be sick Big Grin I would move there and live in my car for the summers! xD

If I could somehow help make the Bromont DH experience better for even 1 person then I want to do that! I love and appreciate Bromont Bike Park so much, and I love and appreciate all of YOU so much as well! You all seriously rock!
Big Grin \m/

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
seems like a long drive from Barrie, ON.

Its not a bad drive. I did 9 trips to bromont last summer with the US border closed. I go during the week because of lower numbers. Usually 3 days of riding and I'm cooked.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:

I hope we were all able to collectively answer
your question bro! Cheers Smile \m/

Yes thanks, we should call you the "Liaison of Stoke" Beer seems like a steep technical rocky decent dirt place. Very steep & Tech usually scare me, curious to see how steep and tech it is, I'll hit it at least once this year if Dougy lets us come back home!?! Also, I did watch some dude ride 1837 at Mont-Sainte-Anne and some sections seem NASTY steep.

Thanks so much bro! That seriously means a lot to me, you're the man! Big Grin
Bromont will be good don't worry, as a few of our friends here have said, there's truly trails for everyone. Steep and deep tech, or more mellow and flat tech, as well as some faster flow and jump lines (but mellow gradient, not steep).
And yeah the only thing kinda missing is progression jumps in between the small and the large. There's a few medium features, but no medium jump line. But yeah it sounds like they're going to be revamping a few existing trails (ei. #56, and I heard making it a green again, because it's pretty mellow to be a blue) so I think they're going to be adding some progression jumps to that line and or the new Blue rated trail they're going to be building in between #51 and #56. So they are working to bridge the gap between the small and larger features. I really hope they can introduce a real deal pro line into the mix in the next year or two. And I don't mean Rocco, I'd consider that a double black at most, such a good trail, but we really need a sick, gnarly, new mostly tech, world cup style pro line with some gnarly freeride features here and there. Man that and the smaller progression jumps is the only thing I can think of that Bromont is missing in regards to trails. Bromont is so fun Big Grin .

Oh man Mont-Sainte-Anne is so SO SICK! Super gnarly, a lot chunkier boulders and more rocks than Bromont I would say. The first section and second section are night and day differences on 1837. The upper section of 1837 "La Belle" aka "The Beauty" is pretty chill, I would consider it more of a single black than a double black (it's a mellow gradient, and a has the same feel as "La Tordue" aka "The Twisted"). The middle section of 1837 "La Bête" aka "The Beast" is the gnarliest and steepest section of the track, and definitely holds true to some good chunky, butt puckering double black gnar! And "La Bête" aka "The Beast" is a very fitting name for the section. It's sick Big Grin
And the third section "La Patriot" aka "The Patriot" I would say is much more of a single black section, like the first section, it's very mellow gradient, has some rocks and is good fun! Again the top and bottom section are similar to "La Tordue" the Single Black tech trail, and the middle section is gnarly Double Black tech. So sick Big Grin

Honestly if you love tech, which I absolutely do! You'd LOVE MSA, they have about 2060ft of vertical descent, so slightly less than 2x the height of Bromont, and Bromont is about 2x the height of Blue mtn. So MSA is about 3.5 - 4x the height of Blue. The runs are rocky, rugged, amazing old school and new school tech, and the runs are the longest in Eastern Canada. Le Massif is a bigger mountain but MSA uses more vertical for the Bike Park than Le Massif so they technically have the longest and highest DH runs in Eastern Canada Smile . Depending on the trail, the rider, etc. On average it takes about 6-20 minutes to do a run (riding time, not including lift time). So they're much longer than anything we're used to in Ontario. You'll be in Heaven out in QC. Québec is like BC's older (but shorter) brother or sister, a little quieter, you don't hear from her as much as you do the younger BC, but I think it may be by design Wink , you know like how people in BC say "BC sucks don't come here!" even though we all know they're joking haha xD. The riding, the food, and people, everything about Québec is just such a draw and so amazing, once you go there to ride you'll be hooked. At least I was. I was surprised how welcomed I was right from the start. And then you start riding the terrain and the different bike parks and trail networks and you're like HOLY CRAP WHY DIDN'T I COME SOONER?! :O xD Big Grin \m/

I got a seasons pass for MSA and Bromont this year so I'm hoping to get to use them and see everyone out on the trails again Frown .

The drive is honestly so worth it! It's 6 1/2 hours each way for me to go to Bromont (13 hours total)
And 9 hours each way to MSA (18 hours total). A lot of the time I'm driving it myself too. That's how worth it is Wink

I did 42 days at Bromont last season and 51 days total in Québec riding different bike parks! Drove literally every weekend from about 1 hour south west of Toronto, coming from a small town about the same size as Bromont. Man it was worth every hour spent driving, let me tell you Big Grin

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
CamTakacs wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:
seems like a long drive from Barrie, ON.

It's not a bad drive. I did 9 trips to bromont last summer with the US border closed. I go during the week because of lower numbers. Usually 3 days of riding and I'm cooked.

HUCK YEAH!!! Big Grin
Hope to see you on the trails and hope we can all make it out again this season! Big Grin
9 trips that's awesome! We would get along I'm sure ;D xD Salute Big Grin Drool Beer

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
J'espère que vous passerez tous un super jour et week-end d'ouverture! J'aimerais pouvoir être là, m'amuser pour moi! J'ai hâte de sortir quand je le pourrai! Salut tout le monde, vous basculez tous! Big Grin \m/

I hope you all have a blast opening day and weekend! I wish I could be there, have some fun for me! I look forward to getting out there when I can! Cheers everyone, you all rock! Big Grin \m/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013743
Mobile Version of Website