PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 10:52 Quote
Group ride and BBQ afterwards on Saturday with the gang for me. tup

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 12:51 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
Rollingsound514 wrote:
hockeynut wrote:
Quick question for you guys. I'm going to McGill next year ( September 2010) and I was just curious if there is anything in Montreal. I'm staying for the summers and will be at Bromont whenever I can but is it worth while to bring my DH bike up for the fall?

DH Trail right on the back of MT. Royal man, if you're staying at Mcgill residences you're set! It's not big obviously but it's not bad at all considering you're in the middle of the city. BEsides that MTL has half decent street spots if you bring your hardtail

Enjoy.

Please do not promote illegal riding on Mount-Royal, where having a hard enogh time with this situation. Theirs a proposal with some biking associations working on this to be legal but it takes time and riding where your not supposed to just gets the ones against it more ammunition. I know it's shitty and Montreal is the city that the most a*s backwards for accepting biking but please at least don't put it up here on the web.

Thx for understanding

No problem but we talk about the trail a lot on the boards lol

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
Rollingsound514 wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
Rollingsound514 wrote:

DH Trail right on the back of MT. Royal man, if you're staying at Mcgill residences you're set! It's not big obviously but it's not bad at all considering you're in the middle of the city. BEsides that MTL has half decent street spots if you bring your hardtail

Enjoy.

Please do not promote illegal riding on Mount-Royal, where having a hard enogh time with this situation. Theirs a proposal with some biking associations working on this to be legal but it takes time and riding where your not supposed to just gets the ones against it more ammunition. I know it's shitty and Montreal is the city that the most a*s backwards for accepting biking but please at least don't put it up here on the web.

Thx for understanding

No problem but we talk about the trail a lot on the boards lol

Yeah, just like on DHracer with a guy who started a thread to gather as big a group possible to ride DH on Mount-Royal. I can tell you that he got shot down at a rate of 100% and even named idiotic for putting that up on the web.

Just because theirs other threads doesn't mean you have to jump off the bridge with them.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 9:06 Quote
going on sunday with a couple friends, will be riding a rocky flatline 1, my friends will be on a rocky flatline 3, a Specialized demo 8 2 and a bighit 3. say hi if you wanna ride

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 15:05 Quote
Bromont, Monday the 24th.....

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 15:11 Quote
ill be there sunday and monday, group is riding an 05 norco team dh, 2 reign x's, a squaretube dhr, a stinky with a totem and a custom painted glory

bbq at my dads place down the wc side of the hill will follow

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
hey whats up guys !

i search a lift for this week-end at bromont!

i pay my part of gaz and i live in Longueuil!

514-992-8294 or 450-676-1736 Dominic.

Thanks everyone!

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
Conditions today were perfect!!! Except for the fast chairlift breaking down. Again.

I was riding a red Iron Horse 7point5. Who saw me eat shit at the bridge towards the end of the day? Razz :P

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 17:19 Quote
niko-bellic wrote:
Conditions today were perfect!!! Except for the fast chairlift breaking down. Again.

I was riding a red Iron Horse 7point5. Who saw me eat shit at the bridge towards the end of the day? Razz :P

I really wanted to go this weekend..but decided to house/dog/cat sit for my buddy..
+ I rode the don last week hit the 3' drop and bottom'd out like mad...so I slapped in a 600lb spring today ... hopefully get some heavy springs for my 888's ..then I will be ready for next weekend

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
awya14 wrote:
niko-bellic wrote:

I really wanted to go this weekend..but decided to house/dog/cat sit for my buddy..
+ I rode the don last week hit the 3' drop and bottom'd out like mad...so I slapped in a 600lb spring today ... hopefully get some heavy springs for my 888's ..then I will be ready for next weekend

How much do you weigh? And what spring did you have?

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 19:08 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
awya14 wrote:
niko-bellic wrote:

too much! 230lb had a 500lb ..put on 600.. might need a 850lb.... 6' drops

Posted: May 22, 2010 at 23:47 Quote
awya14 wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
awya14 wrote:

too much! 230lb had a 500lb ..put on 600.. might need a 850lb.... 6' drops

If your riding that A-Line in your profile then you need a 700lbs coil for freeriding and adjust your shock properly. You'll have proper sag too when sitting still on your bike but an 850 is way, way too much for you.

PS. Theirs nothing impressive about a 6ft drop.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 4:57 Quote
wrote:

wasnt sayin it was..thats how id like to set the bike up..I ran a 850lb on my bullit and my kona..have dh'd in 5 years ,so just getting back into it.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 5:08 Quote
wrote:
awya14 wrote:

wasnt sayin it was..thats how id like to set the bike up..I ran a 850lb on my bullit and my kona..have dh'd in 5 years ,so just getting back into it.

What type of rear suspension is on the bullit?

I rode with a guy one week ago and same story he had been off bikes for 5 years. He did amazing but it was that muddy Saturday at Bro. Yesterday everything was super dry already, I'm heading there tomorrow and riding with the gang.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 19:34 Quote
Sunday May 23 firts time at bromont and my favorites trails are 52, 55 and 7 and I will go again to bromont this summer with 600 km of car driving yeah!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016114
Mobile Version of Website