BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: Mar 11, 2023 at 15:00 Quote
edthesled wrote:

YEAH BUDDY! YEEWWW!!!! Big Grin \m/

Posted: Mar 11, 2023 at 19:42 Quote
I'm excited & I don't even ride there. It's prolly due to the fact opening day will mean more Robbis TV.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 12:39 Quote
Just got back from some amazing skiing at Sutton and Bromont. Thinking of heading back that way to bike this summer. Anyone have any experience riding at Sutton?

Also, for Bromont (or Sutton for that matter), any good lodging deals you'd wanna share? Apologies if this has already been discussed here.

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 13:20 Quote
gregnbishop wrote:
Just got back from some amazing skiing at Sutton and Bromont. Thinking of heading back that way to bike this summer. Anyone have any experience riding at Sutton?

Also, for Bromont (or Sutton for that matter), any good lodging deals you'd wanna share? Apologies if this has already been discussed here.

Sutton is really fun but at the same time really different than Bromont. It's less on the technical side and more on the flowy trail side.

One issue that I have with Sutton is that, unless it change this summer, they charge the chairlift 15$ PER lift + the access ticket for the day. Hopefully they will start offering a day pass this year.

There's a climbing trail that go from the base to the top also but it's not something you would do on a DH bike, the average time from bottom to top is 1:25 based on Trailfork data.

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 13:53 Quote
Elgaucher wrote:
gregnbishop wrote:

Sutton is really fun but at the same time really different than Bromont. It's less on the technical side and more on the flowy trail side.

One issue that I have with Sutton is that, unless it change this summer, they charge the chairlift 15$ PER lift + the access ticket for the day. Hopefully they will start offering a day pass this year.

There's a climbing trail that go from the base to the top also but it's not something you would do on a DH bike, the average time from bottom to top is 1:25 based on Trailfork data.

Yeah no offence to Sutton cuz it's a beautiful mountain with a lot of great potential. But the fact they don't run the chairlift regularly for a lift access DH bike park it's not worth going to for a huge trip in my opinion. Maybe a day or two at most, but you're likely quickly to get sick of climbing there. And the fact they charge almost $20 per chairlift ride up when the lift is running, is a robbery it makes no sense to charge that much. They need to get their shit sorted and give Bromont a run for their money. Sutton could be as sick as Bromont if they do it the right way (Although different terrain, Sutton being more dirt, and Bromont being more rock. Sutton could still be as sick as Bromont in its own way) Smile .
Just my opinion from a DH/Gravity riders perspective. Nowadays most folks with enduro bikes don't even want to pedal up the mountain they want to take a lift and ride down. And for those that want too pedal they should be able to. But they should really get it open as a lift access DH bike park and charge a full day ticket price or for a DH lift access season pass. And they need to build more DH trails. DH trails can be ridden on both AM/Enduro bikes AND DH bikes. AM/Enduro trails often aren't DH bike friendly. So make the trails more friendly to DH and more people will come as the trails will accommodate long DH race bikes. Hopefully they can make it happen, same with Orford. We need more epic lift access DH bike parks in Québec! Big Grin

Hopefully places like E47, SDM and VBN will start running paid shuttles in the next few years too! They've currently got some amazing DH tracks and with potential for a LOT more. This would bring in a lot more riders as well as revenue into the bike park(s) and local economies. Shuttle/lift access DH bike parks also entice more pro riders to the area(s). It's a no brainer if you ask me. Smile I hope these places have the same thought in mind. We need more of a BC vibe out East, the more lift access/shuttle access bike parks the better. Sorry I got side tracked ;P

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 14:00 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
I'm excited & I don't even ride there. It's prolly due to the fact opening day will mean more Robbis TV.

And hopefully some more BC gnar before then! YEEWWW!!!! Big Grin \m/

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 8:02 Quote
Hey thanks guys for the info. I had no idea Sutton was 'pay per lift'. What a completely bizarre concept. I'd consider an afternoon pedaling up on the xc bike maybe, but riding lifts all day just down the road is hard to compete with.

Re shuttles, wasn't there talk here in the last year or so of shuttles at VBN servicing the Neilson on seemingly random weekends? I suppose there's hope there.

Any ideas for accommodations in the area? I was just at a place in Magog for ~$125 a night but wondering if there's anything better or cheaper closer by.

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 10:44 Quote
gregnbishop wrote:
Hey thanks guys for the info. I had no idea Sutton was 'pay per lift'. What a completely bizarre concept. I'd consider an afternoon pedaling up on the xc bike maybe, but riding lifts all day just down the road is hard to compete with.

Re shuttles, wasn't there talk here in the last year or so of shuttles at VBN servicing the Neilson on seemingly random weekends? I suppose there's hope there.

Any ideas for accommodations in the area? I was just at a place in Magog for ~$125 a night but wondering if there's anything better or cheaper closer by.

Yeah it's odd, and I think to pedal up at Sutton you're still expected to pay probably $20-$40 for the day of pedalling if I remember correct. So pay as much as a lift ticket as some places, but just for pedal access only. It's a mess Razz .

Not sure about shuttles at VBN, it would sure be cool cuz they just made a 260m of vertical descent, jump line Godzilla that they just opened. They had an "air DH" race on it last season, and for that race they were running shuttles to the trailhead. If they can do it, I don't see why they wouldn't. There will always be some locals saying "oh but then the trails will get wrecked from all the riders." I look at it as they will now have more money to invest back into making the mountain(s) better, more money to go into trail maintenance etc. But those same people would be more than happy to go to an overcrowded Whistler Bike Park. :p Another thing these places don't seem to quite understand is, I'm pretty sure there's more lift access DH bike parks in the North Eastern USA than all of Canada combined. All within driving distance from Bromont, Sutton etc. It's not just Canada they have to compete with, and if they do it right they can bring in lots of riders from the States and beyond just by having an exceptional riding and a good fast lift (or multiple lifts) to the top of the hill/mountain. Sorry for the rant haha, I just really hope these awesome riding destinations in QC can see the light and the opportunity and take advantage of! Québec has the potential to be the BC of the East we just need more of that BC vibe. We need DH zones to shuttle/self shuttle and more lift access bike parks, the terrain in QC is so underrated it's easily comparable to BC. Not the size of the mountains but the gnar factor, I would argue QC has some of if not the gnarliest DH terrain in the world. MSA is a fine example of that.

Anyways rant done hahaha. For stay, I would say either the camp grounds or airbnb would be your best best for finding something cheaper. You'll likely be able to find cheaper stay in Cowansville too. But I would check airbnb first Smile
But you should definitely be able to find something for less than $125/night I would think, that's a hefty price tag to be paying on the regular. If you can't find a better price on airbnb let me know and I'll try to help you find a better deal! Cheers Big Grin \m/

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 12:55 Quote
gregnbishop wrote:

Oh also the Vélodrome near the IGA is an option as well Smile

https://centrenationalbromont.com/auberge-sportive/

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 12:59 Quote
Also a cheaper motel in the next town over Smile

shorturl.at/hxDHW

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 16:26 Quote
The Studiotel Bromont is also pretty cheap and close to the hill.

It's been a few years since I've stayed there, but it was nice enough and they were bike friendly.

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
The Studiotel Bromont is also pretty cheap and close to the hill.

It's been a few years since I've stayed there, but it was nice enough and they were bike friendly.

Another good option^ Cheers bro Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 10:35 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
60!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin \m/

According to the bike school page, the first evening class would be on May 25th in the evening... so one day less = 59 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Hope is here!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021441
Mobile Version of Website