Post The Sexiest BMX's Out There!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post The Sexiest BMX's Out There!
Author Message
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 10:48 Quote
I always thought deluxe were light as f*ck?

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 11:08 Quote
stems, and bars, very light, but there hubs, are not not as light, They have a bigger hub body. Great hubs, but 14 ounces? id rather grab animals for the extra half ounce of weight. Trail hubs almost the same weight as pure street hubs? Thats all im saying... Not like im dissing them saying there shit or anything, just there are lighter hubs out there.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:36 Quote
rip-bmx wrote:
stems, and bars, very light, but there hubs, are not not as light, They have a bigger hub body. Great hubs, but 14 ounces? id rather grab animals for the extra half ounce of weight. Trail hubs almost the same weight as pure street hubs? Thats all im saying... Not like im dissing them saying there shit or anything, just there are lighter hubs out there.

14 ounces... I cant tell if you're sarcastic or not.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:37 Quote
what's that in real weights? i.e non caveman shit?

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:38 Quote
harry-h wrote:
what's that in real weights? i.e non caveman shit?

7 crumpets

edit: or 17.23 tea bags

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
ahhhh man that shit's heavy, anything more than 5.64876539 crumpets is waaaaaay too much.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:41 Quote
harry-h wrote:
ahhhh man that shit's heavy, anything more than 5.64876539 crumpets is waaaaaay too much.

Damn equivalencies make those numbers so hard. also 399grams

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:45 Quote
Ok. Is that heavy? I really don't know...

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:46 Quote
I dont think so, but maybe I'm stupid. My current hub is 17 ounces, my last one was 20

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 14:54 Quote
My current hub weighs WTP Supreme. and my previous hub weighed Affix Freecoaster.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 15:07 Quote
I'm pretty sure I've eaten more than that in Doritos alone today.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 16:33 Quote
you guys are completely missing what i'm trying to say. For trail hubs, there the same weight as pure street hubs. Somebody tried to say that i was stupid for saying there heavy. All i was saying is that, there not the litest hubs for something that could be far more lighter for trails..

I'm not a weight weenie either, so if ya'll think that, then change that opinion ahah. Just stating some things. Maybe i shouldnt of said heavy, and just said that there are lighter hubs out...for street not to mention trails..

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 16:35 Quote
well 14 ounces is pretty damn light. I think the elite is like 12 or something

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 16:45 Quote
Also can go can lighter with ti bolts and driver. Your all missing point of the trail based aspect. Animal to Deluxe, different styles of riding completely same weight in hubs. 14 ounce is light, im agreeing. Just was stating, there is lighter, and those could be too...


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012610
Mobile Version of Website