fox 40s or rockshox boxxer?

PB Forum :: Downhill
fox 40s or rockshox boxxer?
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 1:19 Quote
maybe if he says he is so damn good, this "young gun" kid should take a look at todays VOD, would show him how to be a proper good rider at 12 years old and she's a girl, not jumping off 2ft planks like this young chap..

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 1:20 Quote
reebs wrote:
maybe if he says he is so damn good, this "young gun" kid should take a look at todays VOD, would show him how to be a proper good rider at 12 years old and she's a girl, not jumping off 2ft planks like this young chap..

fianlly someone who isn't a dumb prick

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
young-gun wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
You'd probably get your bike back and it's a Huffy thats duct taped together because he stole the nice bike to do his 9 foot rock drop
damn how did you know.......... FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Man you dont know what youre talking about just stop your turning into a whiny ultimate-cyclist.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
Yay, we totally needed another boxxer vs. 40 thread added to the pile of 50,000 that already exist to make people yell at each other and call each other fags like 4 year olds

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
i wouldnt say either is better than the other, its just the way you ride i guess and the way you want your bike to feel, the 40s are lighter and stiffer BUT more expensive, the boxxers on the other hand are a small bit heavier cheaper and have a bit of flex in them. on a limited budjet id go for the boxxers because theyre cheaper but if i had the money id buy the 40s

BACKWARDS. boxxers are more easily adjustable to be stiffer, whereas fox 40's have springs, and are lush as f*ck. and NO fox 40's are NOT lighter than boxxers. you are wrong

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 2:49 Quote
Whoinventeduphill wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
i wouldnt say either is better than the other, its just the way you ride i guess and the way you want your bike to feel, the 40s are lighter and stiffer BUT more expensive, the boxxers on the other hand are a small bit heavier cheaper and have a bit of flex in them. on a limited budjet id go for the boxxers because theyre cheaper but if i had the money id buy the 40s

BACKWARDS. boxxers are more easily adjustable to be stiffer, whereas fox 40's have springs, and are lush as f*ck. and NO fox 40's are NOT lighter than boxxers. you are wrong

Your an idiot. 40's will always be more latterally stiff than boxxers due to its bigger dimensions. Rockshox also weigh their forks without oil, so there really isnt much in it at all between the two.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 3:08 Quote
RS>Fox in the performance department, springs are old school.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 3:12 Quote
If you actually read my post I was talking about stiffness. I never said anything about which of the 2 were stronger.

Stiffness and strength are different things.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 3:48 Quote
reebs wrote:
Whoinventeduphill wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:

Your an idiot. 40's will always be more latterally stiff than boxxers due to its bigger dimensions. Rockshox also weigh their forks without oil, so there really isnt much in it at all between the two.

true dat

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 4:30 Quote
sykesy wrote:
he's 11 my arse will he actually get them
Exactly! I wish someone could've said this earlier and then people wouldn't be arguing about their fork preferences. We need more mods on this site to close garbage threads.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 4:35 Quote
wickedskilz wrote:
sykesy wrote:
Exactly! I wish someone could've said this earlier and then people wouldn't be arguing about their fork preferences. We need more mods on this site to close garbage threads.
agreed

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 4:49 Quote
reebs wrote:
If you actually read my post I was talking about stiffness. I never said anything about which of the 2 were stronger.

Hey I think in that post he was talking about the stiffness of the fork's suspension and not the forks stiffness from side to side/front to back motion. Saying that the Fox has springs so if you want stiffer suspension you have to swap the spring while the Boxxer has air chambers so you can adjust the fork without taking it to the shop.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 6:47 Quote
sykesy wrote:

hes not looking to get them.
he created this thread for his friends big brother(my big brother) who is really good at biking and is debating whether or not he should start shopping for the boxxer or 40's.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 6:52 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
reebs wrote:

Hey I think in that post he was talking about the stiffness of the fork's suspension and not the forks stiffness from side to side/front to back motion. Saying that the Fox has springs so if you want stiffer suspension you have to swap the spring while the Boxxer has air chambers so you can adjust the fork without taking it to the shop.

Well if you hadnt of edited the original post when you were saying how i was wrong because of how the 40 isnt neccessarily stronger due to thinner tubing etc (when i was actually talking about stiffness), then you will realise that the reply from me that you quoted makes perfectly good sense. People these days.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 6:57 Quote
so ....

boxxer wins.

now can a mod delete this thread? haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.159541
Mobile Version of Website