Original North Shore Stunt

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Original North Shore Stunt
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:28 Quote
I'm building a trail and i need ideas for a few north shore style stunts i can build. Pics would be great!

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
Build a jump and then on the side of a tree or whatnot, stick a square of wood that you can tap while jumping.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
Hum I`m not a shore rider but I'm figuring It could be pretty sick to do a shore quater pipe on a tree and and an another one next to it to do a transfer ... do you figure it out ?

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:39 Quote
Build a zipline.... I saw it in a Earthed ( i think ) movie

You have a board just long enough for a bike to fit on it,
it's on Roller's ( trac's ) and when you ride on it You slam the break's causing it ( and you ) to Glide along the rollers... it's got a counterweight on a pully to return it to the beginning after you clear the gap.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:39 Quote
djbert1 wrote:
Hum I`m not a shore rider but I'm figuring It could be pretty sick to do a shore quater pipe on a tree and and an another one next to it to do a transfer ... do you figure it out ?

So what, like 2 quarters and you have to transfer over a gap, otherwise you're f*cked? Sounds fun and suicidal at the same time.

And that zipline idea sounds really scary, you better be great at trackstands!

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
Yeah I did't said it was easy you ask for crasy tricks so there it is do it and show me the video hehe

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
dmadness wrote:
Build a zipline.... I saw it in a Earthed ( i think ) movie

You have a board just long enough for a bike to fit on it,
it's on Roller's ( trac's ) and when you ride on it You slam the break's causing it ( and you ) to Glide along the rollers... it's got a counterweight on a pully to return it to the beginning after you clear the gap.
that would be sick!!!!, build an armoured berm, short-skinny-techy-rocksections between stumps, thee zipline, and ofcourse the hamster wheel.
the hamster wheel is when ther is a ladder bridge and you ride into a wheel. then as you pedal the wheel spins, eventually the opening you came through is on the side your facing so you can exit. then if its weighted it will spin back,
oh ya a swivel teeter

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
ive always thought a canopy decent would be sick ie step up onto a seriouse of ladders suspended from some trees that you rip down

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
BRILLIANCE. that would be epic, kinda like cap suspension bridge treetop adventure (i think thats wat it scalled).

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
nishnash wrote:
BRILLIANCE. that would be epic, kinda like cap suspension bridge treetop adventure (i think thats wat it scalled).
ive been thinking about building it for so long but never had the time.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
yeh for sure, if you could find trees to do it with then it would work, are you talkind ridging bridge (like a ladder bridge known world wide as a "shore") or a suspension bridge, cable supported
if it was a ridgid it would work better for a step up, but suspension would be cooler and more fun, oh oh i got it swivel teeter of, series of step up sor one large step up on

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
Make... an underground tunnel.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
there really isn't any more "original northshore idea's". most of the ones have been made already. the one thing you can do is make something and put it in a really crazy place. like a wal-ride over a stream or something like that.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
that would be crazy, i like berms that are dug into the ground as well as built up, then when they are filled with water it creates a sweet effect when your above them

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
And huge roll downs over rocks and stuff

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008292
Mobile Version of Website