Toronto

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 at 8:50 Quote
their are some jumps by victoria park and gerrard. Beside a golf course. The dirt their isn't bad, you just need a couple of take offs to build and your good. We used to have a 15 foot gap into a little 8 foot coaster and then a 10 foot. The landing ramp for the 15 is still there and in good condition. Some kids just made it like 5 feet. The place will need some work but it could be really nice if you put the effort into it.....

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 at 10:24 Quote
meh the quarry is okay if your willing to take the time to maintain it people mess around with it all the time...Confused

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 at 11:48 Quote
wienis wrote:
meh the quarry is okay if your willing to take the time to maintain it people mess around with it all the time...Confused

we had it going really well. I just left on vac for 1 month and broke my thumb....so i was out for 2 and when i got back it was f*cked. If you go like 3 times a week you will be fine. We had a couple of lines to. A 15 foot, to either a 8 foot coaster or a 5 foot step down into a 10 foot step up. It was nice. Ill help anyone rebuild their if they want. Just saying.....

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 8:46 Quote
dirtjumper3311 wrote:
their are some jumps by victoria park and gerrard. Beside a golf course. The dirt their isn't bad, you just need a couple of take offs to build and your good. We used to have a 15 foot gap into a little 8 foot coaster and then a 10 foot. The landing ramp for the 15 is still there and in good condition. Some kids just made it like 5 feet. The place will need some work but it could be really nice if you put the effort into it.....

so I went to vic park and gerrard yesterday and didn't see anything but a whole lot of land crying out to be built on...it looks like there is a business's land developemnt project in place but may still be years off(research to follow)
I don't really care though ...i'm putting some jumps in there for sure!

I just moved to this area so finding this HUGE lot of land is like winning a fortune Smile I never would have thought there is still all this unused green space in the middle of a large residential area.

anyone wanting to join in can pm me for build days and location i'll be building.

for all these people who think they know how to build a jump ... please don't touch any unless you started the jump yourself. That is just so wrong to mess up some one else's hard work

there's more then enough space kids can build their own stuff and not have to touch the big boys ish

happy building everyone !!!

peace

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 8:49 Quote
Just another reminder, Wednesday Night Rides are still going down. Last week Chijioke and a bunch of other Core associates showed.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
OutRyding wrote:
dirtjumper3311 wrote:

so I went to vic park and gerrard yesterday and didn't see anything but a whole lot of land crying out to be built on...it looks like there is a business's land developemnt project in place but may still be years off(research to follow)
I don't really care though ...i'm putting some jumps in there for sure!

I just moved to this area so finding this HUGE lot of land is like winning a fortune Smile I never would have thought there is still all this unused green space in the middle of a large residential area.

anyone wanting to join in can pm me for build days and location i'll be building.

for all these people who think they know how to build a jump ... please don't touch any unless you started the jump yourself. That is just so wrong to mess up some one else's hard work

there's more then enough space kids can build their own stuff and not have to touch the big boys ish

happy building everyone !!!

peace

you missed the jumps then. They are beside the golf course and between the train tracks. Ill help build as im 2 min away. Message me when your going to go.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Just another reminder, Wednesday Night Rides are still going down. Last week Chijioke and a bunch of other Core associates showed.

Out of curiosity, how many people normally go on the ride? Im not going till i get 180's down atleast. Don't wanna show up and hit nothing.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 19:28 Quote
Just show up this Wednesday and hang out. It's not a place where others are judged. It's just a bunch of riders from all different skill levels trying different things. I'll be heading out this Wednesday and won't be doing anything(just had stuff done on my wrist). So you wouldn't be alone, just come out.. have fun.. chill and be happy.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
where do these rides take place?

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:34 Quote
Meet up:
Wednesday night. Between 7 and 8pm, @ Gate 11 of the Rogers Centre/Skydome.

Note: Sometimes we may leave earlier than 8. It's good practice to be there by 7:30.

Ride:
All the best street spots of downtown.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:38 Quote
sick i have to come soon im kinda new at street is it worth it coming down to learn + does security chase us? thats always fun Joker ps how long u guys sesh for?

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:43 Quote
Always a good time to learn. Basically it's a great time to learn by watching some of the best riders Toronto has, helpful tips and the like are a regular thing.

Depends where and why.. You'll find out if you come LOL.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
im leaving on sunday for 2 weeks then im coming back and getting a p1 id use my buddies p2 but im painting it u mind if i come om a xc bike just to watch this time

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 21:02 Quote
Any bike is legit. I've brought my DH bike a couple times.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 21:09 Quote
k thx about how many people show ( i assume i look for lots of bikers?) and how late is this till cause i cant drive home. ill prob bike to the boulevard club and chill till 7 then ride to skydome?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010717
Mobile Version of Website