Toronto

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 18:47 Quote
You're in Sauga. It's like within 15 min drive, no?

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
You're a cat. How do you even ride? How did you beat me this weekend??? And I don't stay in Sauga, just occasionally.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
Moved to Thunder Bay last weekend, didn't update my info yet. I was also working at the bike shop closest to that park until I left

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2014 at 12:32 Quote
It's open now ps. kthxbai

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 7:29 Quote
So... Now that we have the "soft" opening of Sunnyside underway and things are settling in, there is some room for refinement before the Grand opening. First thing I'd like to tweak is the big tabletop line. Diagram shows what I'm talking about. It's minor thing that makes a big difference to flow and ridability.
suggested modification for jump improvements. Tabletops.
There are a few other things I'd like to tweak too but overall, the park is well designed and just needs very minor adjustments. I'd like to hear what others think, what they would change or fine tune etc..

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
The spacing of the step down into the biggest line of doubles could use fixing so it's actually hitable without needing to slam on the brakes (assuming you have some ;-)) before the first jump. It would also be nice if the wallride could somehow get extended over or add a quater after the 3rd jump in that line to help bring your momentum in the direction of back up the hill instead of just skidding off into all the people riding skinnys back behind there.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 14:47 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
The spacing of the step down into the biggest line of doubles could use fixing so it's actually hitable without needing to slam on the brakes (assuming you have some ;-)) before the first jump. It would also be nice if the wallride could somehow get extended over or add a quater after the 3rd jump in that line to help bring your momentum in the direction of back up the hill instead of just skidding off into all the people riding skinnys back behind there.

Or just realize brakeless is retarded and put on a brake.. haha

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
Nah I'd have to get a new rear hub, besides the line should really flow better then that.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 17:32 Quote
It should flow like Goat Path. Wink

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 19:57 Quote
Every trail should flow like Goat Path. tup

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 5:01 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:

Or just realize brakeless is retarded and put on a brake.. haha
never

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 9:33 Quote
Ya I don't get the brakeless homies everywhere, like some sections are meant to be faster in different spots, then get faster, get slower, whatever. You do really need brakes unless you're a park rat.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 9:57 Quote
No, well built jumps shouldn't need pedal strokes or brakes period. Build them right and you don't need them, riverside in Cambridge is an example of this.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 10:31 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
No, well built jumps shouldn't need pedal strokes or brakes period. Build them right and you don't need them, riverside in Cambridge is an example of this.
^^^ This

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 12:13 Quote
Also consider that it depends on what bike you're riding, how fit the rider is, if it's dry or wet outside. I still think brakes are a necessary thing, never know when someone will jump out in front of you, brakes saved me many times from this.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014258
Mobile Version of Website