Toronto

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 12:28 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
No, well built jumps shouldn't need pedal strokes or brakes period. Build them right and you don't need them, riverside in Cambridge is an example of this.
^^^ This

I completely agree, for the record I don't brake tap after the step down at Sunnyside. Just pull up and go higher..! Haha

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 13:02 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
No, well built jumps shouldn't need pedal strokes or brakes period. Build them right and you don't need them, riverside in Cambridge is an example of this.
^^^ This

I completely agree, for the record I don't brake tap after the step down at Sunnyside. Just pull up and go higher..! Haha

oh nice I never actually tried it, just one guy with brakes told me he had to pull them real hard after it so I never bothered.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
hwipwill wrote:
Also consider that it depends on what bike you're riding, how fit the rider is, if it's dry or wet outside. I still think brakes are a necessary thing, never know when someone will jump out in front of you, brakes saved me many times from this.

Proper trails should always be in about the same conditions when you're riding them, it really just comes down to if the rider can pump or not.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
This^^ trail maintence is key, a jump should always be hard to overshoot. Always.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 19:58 Quote
Yeah there's nothing I hate more then not being able to pump a tranny hardEek because I know I'll be going too fast.

Goat Path squirrel catcher to hip, I'm looking at you. Razz

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 21:08 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
Just pull up and go higher..!

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 at 4:33 Quote
Yeah there's nothing I hate more then not being able to pump a tranny hardEek
holy shit my sides!

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2014 at 6:39 Quote
recklessness wrote:
m-boltz wrote:

Come on Reck I already go so far and wide on it, that shit's dangerous. Razz

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 at 15:32 Quote
recklessness wrote:
m-boltz wrote:

Come on Reck I already go so far and wide on it, that shit's dangerous. Razz
Squirrel. Razz Up not out.

It rides great this year since I rebuilt the lip in the spring. Maybe if you actually came out, you would know that first hand. Wink

O+
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 19:43 Quote
Anybody know if they're gonna do anything to Sunnyside soon? The big line is riding really good right now but the other lines could use some resurfacing.

On another note we just finished filming a spring edit there, check it out.

Views: 2,201    Faves: 26    Comments: 12

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 3:53 Quote
kbakes wrote:
Anybody know if they're gonna do anything to Sunnyside soon? The big line is riding really good right now but the other lines could use some resurfacing.

I checked the 'Official website for the gta" last week and they first said they would be cleaning it up in May and then they updated it and postponed it to early june. I know they have tools and resources though, so it wont take them too long, hopefully.

In other news, Joyrides' dirt line is pretty much done. A crew member told me it would be ready by Friday (this week, so the 15th) Apparently they went way bigger this year... I'm stoked

O+
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
kbakes wrote:

I checked the 'Official website for the gta" last week and they first said they would be cleaning it up in May and then they updated it and postponed it to early june. I know they have tools and resources though, so it wont take them too long, hopefully.

In other news, Joyrides' dirt line is pretty much done. A crew member told me it would be ready by Friday (this week, so the 15th) Apparently they went way bigger this year... I'm stoked
The email sent this yesterday fyi
photo

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 14:12 Quote
My trails are good to go for the season, but if I didn't invite you to ride them this weekend, you're out of luck.

Trails are prepped and good to go for next weekend. Just going to put so final touches on them before we ride. Who s stoked

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016835
Mobile Version of Website