The BMX Quick Question Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The BMX Quick Question Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
I've noticed lately that people have been creating threads to ask quick and easy questions. So instead of making a new thread each time just post your question in here and the people of Pinkbike can answer it for you.

To start off here is my question. Right now I have stock bars on my bike that are 7.5 inches tall. I'm thinking of upgrading them and the bars that I want come in rises of 7.25 and 7.75. I think 7.25 will be too short for me so how much of a difference in feel will there be between 7.5 and 7.75 inches of rise?

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
justin99 wrote:
I've noticed lately that people have been creating threads to ask quick and easy questions. So instead of making a new thread each time just post your question in here and the people of Pinkbike can answer it for you.

To start off here is my question. Right now I have stock bars on my bike that are 7.5 inches tall. I'm thinking of upgrading them and the bars that I want come in rises of 7.25 and 7.75. I think 7.25 will be too short for me so how much of a difference in feel will there be between 7.5 and 7.75 inches of rise?

Honestly The initial idea of the thread isnt that great. Theres no problems with making threads for these rather quick questions. Alot of the times these "quick" questions have alot of different answers, so making the question in question not so quick.

To answer your question, I ride 7.25" bars and im 6'1" I love them I love the low rise. Bars are completely and udderly preference. In my opinion theres no middle ground its completely up to you. So try a bunch of different bars and find what you like.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
I think this is a good idea for a thread lol. As i dont know anything about the geometry of bars, my quick question will be how to drop to flat? And dropping sets aswell because i always feel like i am completely messing my bike up. I am riding rock hard tyres if that helps, im going to let them down a bit and see if it improves. I dont know the PSI, i didnt use a pump that had a gauge on it lol.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 9:55 Quote
land 2 wheels at the same time and your set...

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 10:04 Quote
Okay thanks, i thought it was back wheel first lol

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
TommahawkBike wrote:
Okay thanks, i thought it was back wheel first lol

that can sometimes make your front go down harder and hurt your wrists...basicly you'll be fine if you dont nose dive

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
Lol i read your advice then looked at your line underneath your dp..

"Bent forks FTW"

Should i really take advice from you??

Joke, but thanks anyway should be going out in a bit so ill see how it goes.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
my question is about them lotek sneakers

does anyone know when the new coastals are coming to canada?

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
yo norcoman, does your elementary stem creak? cuz i have the v2 and it creaks a little bit when i ride..but only sometimes..and i've heard of it doing that and i was just wondering what you can do to stop it creaking..i have greased the wedges(the inside, not the side contacting the bars and fork xD)

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
land 2 wheels at the same time and your set...

not necassarily...... over time you learn to land correctly without hurting yourself. kinda hard exactly to explain, but one thing that will help is to keep your ams and legs straight and lean back when you land.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
A lot of the trials guys land back tire first when they go to flat, I've noticed. Then they kinda ease the bike's front end down so it doesn't slam down.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
A lot of the trials guys land back tire first when they go to flat, I've noticed. Then they kinda ease the bike's front end down so it doesn't slam down.
yeah its like they almost stall on the rear wheel for half a sec before bringing the front down

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
they have brakes:P...and its not smooth looking at all...

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
airplaneman wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
yeah its like they almost stall on the rear wheel for half a sec before bringing the front down

Those trials guys are f*cking tightrope walkers, man. Unholy amounts of balance skill. I can't even keep a manual going for more than 2 seconds. Rolleyes lol

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
For drops 2 feet and under i generally do those "trials" drops, except i cant hold the front wheel up though. Trials is one of those things when even beginners look amazing, i cant understand how they all do it lol.

Oh and drew, do you mean like shifting your weight over the back wheel as you land? i try to keep low when i land and i do that a little bit but i might take your advice more seriously lol. Thanks Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008750
Mobile Version of Website