what is louder dtswiss 440, hadley or ringl'e ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
what is louder dtswiss 440, hadley or ringl'e ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:26 Quote
I really want to know if dt 440 is louder than the rest. of if it's the ringl'e hub.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:30 Quote
have to say hope r really loud

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:31 Quote
chris king but very expensive lol tho hope pro 2's give them a good run for there money

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:33 Quote
the kings arent that loud. they just make a humming sound because they have so many engadgment points. id say hadleys are loudest

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:35 Quote
hadly are loudest but chris king are realy loud they are a better hub too Smile 10 years garantee so theres nouthing to worry about!!!

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
ringle is the loudest, the 440 makes barely any noise. Kings are loud but they have so many engagement points its like a purring sound.

Hope is roughly the same as the ringles.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:54 Quote
it depends on so many things. hub shell thickness, spring tension, the ability of the tire/wheel combo to soak up any noise/vibration (try spinning the wheel with and without the tire on and you'll see). the main difference on a four pawl system is how much grease or lube is on the pawls. the drying the internals, the louder the noise, but the harder it is on your hub.

dt swiss hubs are odd, they have a very low number of engagement points, but are very strong. chris king have another different system which has a very high number of engagements with next to nothing for deadspots. ringle and most other hubs depend on how many pawls(springs/teeth) and engagement points on the inside of the hub shell for quickness of engaging.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
Ringle's are pretty loud. Although the loudest hub I've ever heard was a pink singlespeed Chris King hub, and it sounded retarded.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:11 Quote
konaman24 wrote:
ringle is the loudest, the 440 makes barely any noise. Kings are loud but they have so many engagement points its like a purring sound.

Hope is roughly the same as the ringles.

correct

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:18 Quote
You know what's really loud? Me screaming out in anguish at the foolishness of basing an expensive hub purchase on the noise it makes.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
You know what's really loud? Me screaming out in anguish at the foolishness of basing an expensive hub purchase on the noise it makes.

ahaha exactly

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 13:49 Quote
Nothing wrong with a loud hub. I havea ringlé but only because its the only hub I know of thats 165mm, Its kinda loud, not too loud. I have heard some incredibly loud Hope pro IIs though.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 13:58 Quote
r-m-r wrote:

I just spit cola all over my monitor.lol

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:11 Quote
i'd just also like to point out that my friend has a regular hope pro 2 and i have the trials version, mine has 48 points of engament and he has 22, and mine is not only more repetitive but its much louder.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 16:57 Quote
you know how to make any hub loud? take the freehub off, wipe out all the grease and spray some wd-40 in there instead. put it back together, and now your hub is as loud as having some credit cards in your spokes.

just dont complain when the noise stops, and the bill for repair is $$$

if you are more interested in noise than performance, go get a ringle, because then your not wasting more money on a hub that feels better, but isnt as loud

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016696
Mobile Version of Website