Kamloops Riders, who all rides here?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Kamloops Riders, who all rides here?
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
apparently rose hill is closed. fines are given out if caught and they have no trespassing signs up. on that note, i still ride rose hill. i personally think its bullshit that the city let all those whiney stuck up douche bags win. why would people walk their dogs up a known dh bike trail? why would someone get p.o'ed about people using the gulley that they dont use? when i rode down the other week there was a shit load of garbage and other stuff the homeowners had been throwing over the side. now i remeber back in the day when we rode it(99-02) the only "garbage" was extra cuts from wood and maybe a gatorade bottle or two. its disgusting what it has become now just to feed the arrogance/elitism of the "rose hill community". i've been told that hitler still resides in rose hill. if someone could explain this a lot better to me then please do since ive never gotten a straight answer on why it was closed.

FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 11:06 Quote
Just like many many trails around BC, no one ever got permission to use Rose Hill. Even though its not being used for much, it still belongs to someone and that someone shut'er down. Lame, I know. Not sure about the fines though. I mean, technically if you ride there you are trespassing which may get you in trouble. Rose Hill had its moment in the sun and now its time to move on. Tonnes of other great tracks out there to shred.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
ah true true man. im just butt hurt haha. finally get money to ride again and the ol favorites shut down. rio is pretty good though, but its not rose hill......im off to cry in a corner

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
if anybody ever see's the owner, they should try mentioning putting up a toll to ride the trail. sure the rosehill residents would complain about the traffic, but they would make alot of money like itleast $50 a day

FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
jheldt wrote:
if anybody ever see's the owner, they should try mentioning putting up a toll to ride the trail. sure the rosehill residents would complain about the traffic, but they would make alot of money like itleast $50 a day

A toll? That's crazy talk.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
jheldt wrote:

A toll? That's crazy talk.
how so?

FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
a toll to ride trails seems a bit much. I mean if you want to pay to ride then resorts will gladly take your cash. Paying a toll to ride a trail(s) that goes through yuppy land sounds pretty lame to me.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
a toll to ride trails seems a bit much. I mean if you want to pay to ride then resorts will gladly take your cash. Paying a toll to ride a trail(s) that goes through yuppy land sounds pretty lame to me.
yea i agree with you now because, were not that desperate to ride rosehill right?

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 23:00 Quote
i believe that toll is already in place......except in the form of cops or by-law? giving you a ticket. but as many of ya know.....its only illegal if you get caught

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
ya im kind of sad, because i never got to ride the main parts, just the ridgeline thats there now.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
oh man it was beautiful, everything you wanted back then. i think the best bridge was the most ghetto piece named "cop killer", i can for sure say rose was the first trail i rode, good memories up there. does anyone still ride the bhv jumps?

FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
Does anyone know why none of the trails up at Harper have names? I know they are numbered but no names?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
if i remember correctly its something about the fact they dont own the land yet. working with the indian band to secure the area and make it an actual mountain bike place, sorta like the ranch i guess. i still havent ridden harper, i gotta get on that

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
Hey, I just moved up to Kamloops for university and was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me around the local riding. I do mostly FR/DH sort of stuff... Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in giving me a tour sort of thing.

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
Man...has anybody else hear gotten fined for riding the mac park skatepark? By law chased the bikers off and everybody ran and i got caught and fined 500 dollars!.. Like 3 weeks ago.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036019
Mobile Version of Website