XC/All Mountain/Light Freeride Bike Suggestions

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
XC/All Mountain/Light Freeride Bike Suggestions
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
I rode the Trek Evo 6 and Remedy 8 this summer and didn't like the feel of the rear suspension on either one. The Evo 6 rode harsh compared to my 10 year old RMB Element Race and the Remedy 8 didn't feel much better and that was a huge disappointment considering it has 2" more travel than the RMB.

Neither of the Treks were even close to as compliant as the Trance X1 and Reign 0 I've riden. Considering the higher cost of the Treks over the Giants they should ride as well. The issue with the Treks was cleared up by an article I saw recently in MBA, I think, where they said the guy behind the ADP came to Trek late and the 2008 bikes were rushed to market. They went on to say Trek is reworking the backend of those bikes to improve the ride... their words not mine.

Stating why you think a design is inferior to others is fine I just didn't want to see the next few pages of this thread end up in flames.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 21:13 Quote
davemud wrote:
I rode the Trek Evo 6 and Remedy 8 this summer and didn't like the feel of the rear suspension on either one. The Evo 6 rode harsh compared to my 10 year old RMB Element Race and the Remedy 8 didn't feel much better and that was a huge disappointment considering it has 2" more travel than the RMB.

Neither of the Treks were even close to as compliant as the Trance X1 and Reign 0 I've riden. Considering the higher cost of the Treks over the Giants they should ride as well. The issue with the Treks was cleared up by an article I saw recently in MBA, I think, where they said the guy behind the ADP came to Trek late and the 2008 bikes were rushed to market. They went on to say Trek is reworking the backend of those bikes to improve the ride... their words not mine.

Stating why you think a design is inferior to others is fine I just didn't want to see the next few pages of this thread end up in flames.

really?? my fuelex 7 rides amazing and feels bottomless and it has an inch less travel so..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042436
Mobile Version of Website