Norco Shore 3 vs Kona Coiliar vs Kona stinky vs cannondale perp 3

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Norco Shore 3 vs Kona Coiliar vs Kona stinky vs cannondale perp 3
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
Ok so its about time for me to get a new bike.
Ive been considering those options, and ill mainly be using it at cop and some other trail stuff. i got a chance to sorta demo a shore in a parking lot, but nothing else, so if anybody has tried the other ones out and could help out that would be awsome.

please no posts like "konas suck" atleast tell me why

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 3:27 Quote
kona stinky definitely then norco shore 3

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 5:46 Quote
Dude had a go of the kona stinky realy nice though prety heavy at the front and problay not the best for park use what are you looking for a park or freeride bike?

The kona bass would be a good park bike / freeride

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
If you want durability and strength the shore is a good park bike. I personally likes the six series more. I would give up a little strength for the lighter weight in the park, and it can still be pedaled (at least the one and two models with DHX airs can) I have also had a chance to ride some of the intense SS's those are really sweet rides ($$) Personally I went with the coil-air and love it for doing everything, DH/XC etc. One bike to do it all.

You really need to decide what is important, and what you are willing to give up, that will help you narrow the search down, then make sure you can really ride the bike, cause all the internet chat, and web pages, still are only peoples opinions not yours.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
probably most of the time ill use it at COP, and maybe some trails in the mountains aswell.
im leaning towards the shore, and i can get a good deal on it, the dealer knocked 150 off for me... i i like the six, but the shore more because its more dh capable

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
[Quote="knighhit"]lI personally likes the six series more. I would give up a little strength for the lighter weight in the park, and it can still be pedaled (at least the one and two models with DHX airsQuote] my 05 six has a coil and it pedals great

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 5:11 Quote
i would say kona coilair, i have a 06 coiler deluxe nd it is really good, it feels light enough to be chucked about on jumps and can hold it together on dh stuff. i have heard that the norco shore's are good nd strong though. you should check out other forums nd also www.mtbr.com cos they have good reviews. hope u make a good choice Big Grin

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
I have a 2008 coilair and use it for everythin from freeride to xc and does everything great. I haven't tried the other ones but know alot of people like the stinky.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007880
Mobile Version of Website