Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 14:22 Quote
Hi,
Looking for all mountain freeride riders to join and shuttle. I just moved here. I want to go to Silverstar on the long weekend to.

Thankyou
Georges

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 at 10:44 Quote
georgesmantz wrote:
Hi,
Looking for all mountain freeride riders to join and shuttle. I just moved here. I want to go to Silverstar on the long weekend to.

Thankyou
Georges

check out the Thursday shuttles out of Freedom The Bike Shop

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 at 10:50 Quote
georgesmantz wrote:
Hi,
Looking for all mountain freeride riders to join and shuttle. I just moved here. I want to go to Silverstar on the long weekend to.

Thankyou
Georges
im going to silverstar tomorrow

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 19:09 Quote
Trigger pulled; wife's bike build complete.
Pedal test complete.
Silver Star test pending (for monday!)

And then there were two ... At first I was unsure about having matching bikes ... but really they are too awesome not to share.


[I am in no way ashamed for having matching bikes]

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 8:16 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Trigger pulled; wife's bike build complete.
Pedal test complete.
Silver Star test pending (for monday!)

And then there were two ... At first I was unsure about having matching bikes ... but really they are too awesome not to share.


[I am in no way ashamed for having matching bikes]


+1!

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 8:29 Quote
Canada Day Long Weekend!!!

Big Rides! + beer + beaches + bbq = The perfect Summer weekend!!

According to Google Earth the reservoir is at 1202m and Poplar Grove parking lot at 431m = 771m (2526 ft.)

Climbed to TriPod on Sunday 2329ft of climbing (2hrs.) and then decending (1hr.) - cold beer is very good after that one!!!

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 12:17 Quote
Sounds a lot more entertaining than my bikeless weekend... I got some more code 4 work done at least

Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 10:52 Quote
anyone been up to Apex lately?

wondering about snow - thinking of beating the heat for the Thursday ride.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 17:07 Quote
A few of us did the summit of Sheeprock on Monday from the 3 ponds trailhead, then down to Apex road. Lots and lots of mud. Small snowfields along the summit. We cleared most downfalls. A fun ride.

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 at 18:08 Quote
topsog wrote:
anyone been up to Apex lately?

wondering about snow - thinking of beating the heat for the Thursday ride.

Rode most of the old "race route" Sat.
Did a bunch of chainsaw work with Pierre and Michelle today so now I would say the race route is 99% clear.Bridges around Nickle Plate Lake need some work.Lots of bugs but great riding.
Dino

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
We road Riordan then up backside to summit on Apex and came down G,B&U. One spot with mud.

There are at least three places with logs down, too big to move or cut with a hand saw, but other than that

the trail is in fantastic shape! A quick ride down but one of the funnest descents there is - perfect for a 6&6 bike!!!

We did upper and middle Beer Run then over to Rusty and down Drops A Lot back to the parking lot.

Wicked ride with a lot of trail work done to clear the blow down and some new features! Great ride!!

Posted: Jul 15, 2013 at 8:23 Quote
Hit Peat Bog on the weekend and the trail is flowing better and better.

Saw and rode the new lines - some need a little TLC and/or more tires on them but are looking really good!

Lovin' it!!!

Posted: Jul 15, 2013 at 8:35 Quote
topsog wrote:
Hit Peat Bog on the weekend and the trail is flowing better and better.

Saw and rode the new lines - some need a little TLC and/or more tires on them but are looking really good!

Lovin' it!!!
yea they definetly need more ties to burn them in! We are trying to keep parts of it rough and ragged haha! Glad you approve!

Posted: Jul 15, 2013 at 16:31 Quote
road the bog on Saturday, nice additions to the trail. lots o fun!Big Grin


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019098
Mobile Version of Website