Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 10:32 Quote
I know it's a long way off but here is something to tuck away and maybe start prepping for.
Every year we do a Summer Solstice Ride, usually after work, as big as we can go before the sun sets.

This year it's time to go BIG.

One day, three riding areas. The Penticton Trifecta!
Two big peddles (2+hrs each) at two classic riding areas.
Then a shuttle and a peddle at another area and finish at the beach. BBQ & beer!
Sunday June 19th. Save the date.
Start early. Ride all day. Collapse in the lake!

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 22:21 Quote
Yeah we kinda do the same but with cruiser bikes, music and whatever floats your boat along the KVR from chute lake back to Penticton..... Under the stars. Why not join us?

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 8:32 Quote
Sounds like fun! I may be in but will confirm closer to the date. I do a similar ride each year and this year will be the 3rd annual.Last year we did 3 rides,stopped at a liqour venue after the each ride and had a ride enhancer before each ride. A true trifecta! Haven't set a date for this years but will let you know.

topsog wrote:
I know it's a long way off but here is something to tuck away and maybe start prepping for.
Every year we do a Summer Solstice Ride, usually after work, as big as we can go before the sun sets.

This year it's time to go BIG.

One day, three riding areas. The Penticton Trifecta!
Two big peddles (2+hrs each) at two classic riding areas.
Then a shuttle and a peddle at another area and finish at the beach. BBQ & beer!
Sunday June 19th. Save the date.
Start early. Ride all day. Collapse in the lake!

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 12:45 Quote
'stopped at a liqour venue after the each ride and had a ride enhancer before each ride'

This will be 20+ years of doing this and of course......it is a TOPSOG ride after all!

Cruiser schmoozer.................you need to join us!!!

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 18:11 Quote
Suns out guns out. Trails are starting to dry up, I'm headed up Wiltse to do some recce tomorrow, seems like it might be the driest area out there. Anyone been up there lately?

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
Explore and report. I totally forgot about that zone.
I'm too busy tomorrow to get on the bike but I'd love to hit up some steeps later.

GSpot has the potential to be a bloody mess that shouldn't even be looked at. Tread lightly or turn back if it's a muddy rutty mess. We don't want the builder swamped with maintenance when he could be building more awesome.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 21:35 Quote
New frame, shock, etc day tomorrow. Might go for one next weekend. Hike sunday. The boys have been out a couple times now.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 8:31 Quote
makripper wrote:
New frame, shock, etc day tomorrow. Might go for one next weekend. Hike sunday. The boys have been out a couple times now.

Try not to break this one! You been up to the bog lately? Still looks a little white up there.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 16:46 Quote
Hiked up G-spot, it was still thawing in a lot of places and should be avoided. Hiked a couple hundred meters up Silver Buck Loop. Steep technical rock section was awesome, as was 6 Stitches all the way down. If you're going up, take the double track up as it was actually really good, not moon dust like it is usually. The bottom section through the sand pits was good, a little on the slow side.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 14:48 Quote
Bike club agm @ Cannery Brewery.

Bikes and beer.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 10:56 Quote
Views: 421    Faves: 2    Comments: 1

All these features are gone now. Sad.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 11:05 Quote
might do some gravel pit laps or something this weekend to tune the bike in.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 12:33 Quote
makripper wrote:

Oh man you've got to do something about the Chad. It's freaking my out!!!

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 14:18 Quote
topsog wrote:
makripper wrote:

Oh man you've got to do something about the Chad. It's freaking my out!!!
viva la canadia

Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 15:15 Quote
Any trail days planed in april? would like to get Penticton's free ride trails up to par this season, spent enough time In west Kelowna last year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011675
Mobile Version of Website