Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 13:40 Quote
warehouse wrote:
makripper wrote:
warehouse wrote:

DH on Campbell? Head to Carmi and build/ ride there without worry of any bitching
lol is that a joke? I built 2 trails and worked with some guys on reworking code 4 for years.
A joke? My point is, you can build DH on Carmi without worry of XC dudes complaining. I assume your trails over there are still there.
lol nope! They still complain! ????

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 17:13 Quote
Paxx wrote:
Hey guys, I'm needing a ride in my life right now despite the snow! Where's everyone's favourite place for some winter riding? Preferably out of the wind on just some decent casual trails where I won't need to worry about killing myself on the ice lol.

I'm pretty sure I just saw Dino out trail packing on Campbell. You probably won't die, but there is a strong chance of ice with all the hiker traffic.
Nickleplate has lots of fatbike trails to offer.

Studded tires .. great ice traction, even better flesh traction. Don't get too far behind the saddle.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Studed-tire-600x400.jpg

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 18:29 Quote
Been eyeing up Cambell every time I drive by but was worried about the ice on the trails. Any decent XC trails that wouldn't matter if there was a few icy sections? I've just got a regular set of minions on my bike right now.

How much does a studded tire go for? Might have to invest to fuel my new addiction ha ha

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 19:53 Quote
Paxx wrote:
Been eyeing up Cambell every time I drive by but was worried about the ice on the trails. Any decent XC trails that wouldn't matter if there was a few icy sections? I've just got a regular set of minions on my bike right now.

How much does a studded tire go for? Might have to invest to fuel my new addiction ha ha

The classic loop is usually packed down. If you have skinny tires (not a fat bike) it can get sketchy in all but the best conditions.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 6:37 Quote
Bricklin69 wrote:
Paxx wrote:

The classic loop is usually packed down. If you have skinny tires (not a fat bike) it can get sketchy in all but the best conditions.
this, has dino and the snowshoe crew gone and packed everything down yet?

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 20:43 Quote
makripper wrote:
this, has dino and the snowshoe crew gone and packed everything down yet?

Not sure, but I bet the foot traffic has compressed it into a nice thick ice layer that will last well into the spring.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 16:50 Quote
Ended up heading to test of humanity for a ride and it was pretty decent. The trail has had significant foot traffic and so was packed enough for my 2.3" tires to stay on top of. I did have to push up a couple of the steep hills but not too many.

Definitely had a blast sliding the rear end out going around the downhill corners!

Posted: Jan 14, 2017 at 1:18 Quote
@makripper
I didn't want to remember, but YouTube and Kraken teamed up and brought it back.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 4:31 Quote
Hey everyone, my bike was stolen tonight so I'm posting it up here in hopes it surfaces. It's a 2017 Specialized Enduro Pro 29er. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has leads please let me know. It was stolen down near Skaha lake in Penticton. Thanks.

My new 2017 Specialized Enduro Pro 29er This bike is unreal

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 5:54 Quote
That f*ckin sucks dude. Eyes open for you. Good luck, I hope she comes back.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
OH man that sucks!!

Post this everywhere. That bike's a beauty and not a lot of them out there I would think.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 18:29 Quote
Paxx wrote:
Hey everyone, my bike was stolen tonight so I'm posting it up here in hopes it surfaces. It's a 2017 Specialized Enduro Pro 29er. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has leads please let me know. It was stolen down near Skaha lake in Penticton. Thanks.

My new 2017 Specialized Enduro Pro 29er This bike is unreal
how the hell do you lose a 10,000$ bike???!!?

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
You don't lose it, some piece of shit breaks into your place and steals it

Posted: Feb 25, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
Hows the melt coming down south? Still snowy in Vernon, Ellison is about 50% dirt, 50% snow. and you probably need 4x4 to navigate the parking lot. Eek

Posted: Feb 25, 2017 at 11:49 Quote
Paxx wrote:
You don't lose it, some piece of shit breaks into your place and steals it
did they steal anything else?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016364
Mobile Version of Website