Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 22:14 Quote
theprocrastinator wrote:
840 points yeehaw!
Dang I don't know why I didn't pick up amaury after 2 wins already. Never had much faith in the french. Will be interesting when Gwin is back at MSA.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 0:04 Quote
Cross post from the Kelowna Thread:

STOLEN: My 2014 Rocky Mountain MSL Altitude. Medium. Dark Grey. NOBL wheels with red I9 hubs. Pike fork Fox Evol shock. SRAM XO1 Eagle drivetrain. XT/XTR brakes. Race Face Next bar and cranks and Atlas flat pedals. Lizard Skin grips. Reverb post (they can keep it).

If you see it in person or it being parted out online please do the right thing.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 17:35 Quote
Heads-up to local trail fans: I suggest that you support this petition to save Penticton's Carmi Recreational Trail Network ("Carmi XC Trails") from logging - or, at minimum, demand that the area is selectively logged rather than clear-cut logged.

Pass it on...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWzK5w0zmVqMoIow7m9uo8pVbnj5jkMnLH85aR2DnEnXxa1w/viewform

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 5:31 Quote
I got a message last night that the jumps/TTFs up on Code4 are slated for demolition at the moment as they do not meet Rec Sites and Trails BC standards. We are requested to contact Ian McClellan (Ian.McLellan@gov.bc.ca) to discuss what we can do to make them legitimate. I know most are rock/dirt and the old stuff is nearly abandoned, but I'd hate to see the Tajma Wall and the giant step up pulled out.

As you can see in the planned logging map, it doesn't affect the lower portions of the DH network at all. Though there will be some significant permanent road crossings constructed and those will require some new trail crossings. The upper segments that snake through the trees will be gone but maybe it is time for a rethink up there anyways.

Logging planned for 2019

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
Just a reminder. #itsuckshere

Views: 74    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 20:42 Quote
Are there any trails in the Penticton area that are good to ride right now? Coming from out of town for the Christmas break

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 17:07 Quote
gtang31 wrote:
Are there any trails in the Penticton area that are good to ride right now? Coming from out of town for the Christmas break

Depends on what you like to ride and what the weather does between now and when you get here.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
gtang31 wrote:

There are still people riding, but the snow is creeping lower into the valley. I wouldn't make a special trip just to ride, but if bringing a bike isn't too much trouble then give it a go. Just be careful on the icey rocks or greasy mud covered rocks.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
gtang31 wrote:

There are still people riding, but the snow is creeping lower into the valley. I wouldn't make a special trip just to ride, but if bringing a bike isn't too much trouble then give it a go. Just be careful on the icey rocks or greasy mud covered rocks.

Anything will be better than the snow I have at home! Thanks guys

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
gtang31 wrote:
Crapalier wrote:
gtang31 wrote:

Anything will be better than the snow I have at home! Thanks guys

pm when you arrive and I'll either take you out or point you in the right direction/trail.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
I created the 'itsuckshere' league for the Fantasy DH contest for you locals who want to get in again this year.
That was fun last year so I hope there is some participation again.
Can't wait for racing to get started again!

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
topsog wrote:
I created the 'itsuckshere' league for the Fantasy DH contest for you locals who want to get in again this year.
That was fun last year so I hope there is some participation again.
Can't wait for racing to get started again!

Crap. Came here to post the same thing... didn't think to search... now there are two of them... here is the link to topsog's OG league
https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fantasy/dh/league/?leagueid=4197

I also created one for the Enduro fantasy league...
https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fantasy/enduro/league/?leagueid=4230

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013389
Mobile Version of Website