Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
Hello Penticton , Looking to go try my new bike Smile Smile Smile Smile Anything is open there?
THank ou

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
dutflip wrote:
Hello Penticton , Looking to go try my new bike Smile Smile Smile Smile Anything is open there?
THank ou

Everything is still covered in snow. It’s going to be a little while yet before things are clear and dry.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
I didn't see an official Oliver thread, but I think Penticton would be the closest. A brief look at trailforks suggesed that there are not a lot of trails in and around Oliver itself and that the search for trails would lead me back north towards Penticton. I am decided whether or not I will takea job in Oliver for a week or so this summer. I will be going to Vernon for a week and wondering about maybe linking that with another location. Thoughts on Oliver? Are there trails for a mainly trail riding oriented rider not so much a fast downhiller and if so how many days would it take to sample them all?

I may be able to get some time in Salmon arm instead which I understand has quite alot of options.

Thanks all.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 16:56 Quote
@cameronbikes, Oliver does not offer much, if any, signed and legit trails. Unfortunately your best bet for trails is Pen, Summerland, Westbank, Kelowna, Vernon.
Essentially, anywhere BUT Oliver.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Hello Penticton Crew!

Out off towner here. Doing the annual campaign trip in Oliver in June. Brining bike this year.

Would appreciate feedback on this loop I mapped out with TF:

-Park on Poplar Grove Road
-Poplar Pearly gates into:

1. Yellow Brick Road (climb)
2. Never land Lower (climb)
3. Cows End (descent)
4. Sidewinder (descent)
5. Jose (descent)
6. **tricky part** connect into Ponderosa
7. Slabs
8. Skull coaster
9. Yellow Brick Road
10. Back at car

About me, no issues with 700+ elevation climbs. Experienced rider. AM bike setup.

Good loop? Anything to avoid or change up?

Appreciate any feedback.

If need be, feel free to PM.

Stef

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
If you’re not afraid of climbing skip cows end and drop into Sidewinder at the top of Neverland 2.0. It’s a fun climb and gets you better access to Jose. At the bottom of Jose head south on Marmot and connect to Ponderosa via Hwy 97 then carry on your merry way to Slabs.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
I concur. Skip the Sidewinder climb as it has turned itself into a rock garden descent over the last decade. The Neverland climb will summit you with less effort.
Jose 'should' be cleaned by then but our season is delayed and the trail fairies haven't gotten to the typical +300 deadfall yet.

Here is your route ... Some minor tweaks.

password is PocoBoho

https://www.trailforks.com/route/pocoboho/

There are possible shortcuts off Neverland to get you to Jose without submitting, but they will feel a little remote and backwoodsy. Doable, I take them when I need to, but there is no trail and it will be thick and green in June.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
But I guess if you are gonna climb to the top, you should skip Jose and Slabs and ride Rainbow / Bronco for a right proper intro to the Mice. You could always cut back after Bronco and tag some Slabs (via Bear) but you'll likely skip right passed the turn off as you'll be flowin fast and giddy.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback guys.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
XC World Cup starts this coming weekend.

Yes it's fun to watch...

Created Fantasy League itsuckshere

Join

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 18:35 Quote
Crankworx fantasy ...

itsuckshere

https://m.pinkbike.com/contest/fantasy/crankworx/league/?leagueid=9347

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
Hey there, coming in from Salmon Arm at the end of the month, for a week. Staying on the east side of Skaha a couple km South of the bluffs. Would like to get a ride or 2 in, but being a family vacation, my windows of escape will be limited. Anything recommended in the 2 to 3 hour variety, including travel time?

Cheers, Brad.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
Hey there, coming in from Salmon Arm at the end of the month, for a week. Staying on the east side of Skaha a couple km South of the bluffs. Would like to get a ride or 2 in, but being a family vacation, my windows of escape will be limited. Anything recommended in the 2 to 3 hour variety, including travel time?

Cheers, Brad.

Depending on fitness, that encompasses a pretty good chunk of what we have to offer.

Rock Oven is a classic and there are a number of routes in the Three Blind Mice area that would fit that time frame as well.

What do you like to ride?

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
I like to ride it all. Flowy, fast, technical. Probably avoid anything too tech this trip cause chances are I'll be riding solo, so don't wanna end up crashed alone. Haha. Great way to end the family vacation. Can definitely handle myself though.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
Missed the fitness part. Haha. Not sure how I'd describe my fitness. Try to get out a couple times a week. Usually 10 to 18 km. 400 to 750 meters of altitude climb. I dont need to be climbing to the top of the world, but won't shy away from a grunt.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013242
Mobile Version of Website