BMX cranks on MTB

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BMX cranks on MTB
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
ballaholic wrote:
yall are dumb. BMX cranks were ment for bmxes not moutainbikes! LOL
....lol, no hell no. thats like saying cars were created for men:/ wth if it works better than it worked before? why the fudj not?

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
I run deity cranks on my norco XXXX and I love them.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
Ok, I really would like to know anyones opinion on this. "What is the Strongest, Most burly, jump off a cliff or 80 foot building to flat. Does not matter about weight.

Thanks you.

Ride on!

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
Definitely Deity. They also come in white which gives them superior strength.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
lol @iggz.

Seriously though. Primo cranks are what you want for absolute near bomb-proofness.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
lol @iggz.

Seriously though. Primo cranks are what you want for absolute near bomb-proofness.

Yeah you think? I've really not had anything , as far as cromo sets go, except WTP royals, so I can only really go by others. Lol, nd honestly, i just saw like 3 pictures of broken deitys:P nd wow..:P

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
Look at redline device cranks, gotvmine for 100 bux can't beat that deal

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
Primo cranks are extremely strong. Most BMXers would agree. Mine have lasted about 3 1/2 years of gaps and drops to flat. I weigh about 200 lbs as well.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Primo cranks are extremely strong. Most BMXers would agree. Mine have lasted about 3 1/2 years of gaps and drops to flat. I weigh about 200 lbs as well.

Wow, thats probably the best thing I've herd about those. I'm about 215, so I want something big nd heavy nd ugly, nd just strong to shit ahah.

And to the dude up there^^ I've also herd many good things about the redline devices. Very good prices indeed.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
1664! tup FTW

cheep, strong and canadian Big Grin

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
another vote goes to the primos for bombproofness. redlines are lighter and more than strong enough for most people, i run them, the arms are lighter, stand up to grinds and direct abuse better.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 21:10 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
another vote goes to the primos for bombproofness. redlines are lighter and more than strong enough for most people, i run them, the arms are lighter, stand up to grinds and direct abuse better.

i agree with the redline stuff but 1664s like identical but their Canadian tup so i got then Big Grin go Canada! lol

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
Primos thrive of a good beating! In fact, if you have them it's rude not to give them total shit Smile

I'm still a massive fan of Odyssey BMX stuff though. The 41 Thermal cranks I had on my dj bike were badass, and had a lifetime warranty to back them up. My BMX used to rock loads of their parts too and I never any any problem... and I'm about 13.5 stone.

I thought Deity just rebrand other brands parts? They do with their pedals anyway.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
Look at redline device cranks, gotvmine for 100 bux can't beat that deal

Normally I too would recommend a Redline product(raced Redline in BMX for more than 15 years)but I recently sent 2 sets of Device cranks BACK to Seattle Bike Supply because the spindle bsses weren't welded into the arm at the correct angle so EVERY time I'd try to installed a chainwheel, it would pull the chain wheel out of line and cause a TERRIBLE tight spot in the chain. Tried to install 5 different chainwheels before seeing the prob. SBS was VERY cool about the prblem and took care of me by setting up an exchange for dirrent parts but I WAS bummed not to be able to use the Device arms! Went with and stayed with Profiles!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028449
Mobile Version of Website