The perfect Transition Bottlerocket spec?

PB Forum :: Transition
The perfect Transition Bottlerocket spec?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
I am hopefully going to build a bottle rocket from the frame up and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the spec. It cant cost a fortune as well so if anyone knows of any cheapish strong parts that would help loads. Thanks

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:
I am hopefully going to build a bottle rocket from the frame up and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the spec. It cant cost a fortune as well so if anyone knows of any cheapish strong parts that would help loads. Thanks

Perfect spec is different for everyone. Go use search or w/e

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
maybe put a domain 302 (160mm) on for a fork then a dhx 3 or vanilla for rear shock, x7 derailer and shifter and truvativ husselfelt components. and avid juicy 3 or hayes stroker ryde for brakes if u use components like those it wont cost to much.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
wheelworld or jenson usa has a marzocchi 66 160mm for 429 bucks i believe or maybe 479... but yea real good deal.... raceface evolve bars, cranks, stem, diablous bb, shram x9 or 7 rear derailuer... dhx or double barrel rear shock, sun ringle wheels. juicy or code brakes

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
^^ He says that it can't cost a fortune but you suggest getting a double barrel and CODEs... a double barrel on BR is kinda pointless anyways IMO.
Just build the bike up with whatever is on sale at your LBS and support them, and they might start hooking you up with deals if you shop there enough.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
^^ He says that it can't cost a fortune but you suggest getting a double barrel and CODEs... a double barrel on BR is kinda pointless anyways IMO.
Just build the bike up with whatever is on sale at your LBS and support them, and they might start hooking you up with deals if you shop there enough.

learn to read dumbass... there are a bunch or "OR's" in there... and its called used parts... and a double barel makes great bike even better

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
Would you suggest using sram or shimano in general

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
Whatever, I'm not going to get into the argument about Bottle rockets.
Buying a used Double barrel is kinda out of the question because eash shock is tuned specificly for the rider weight and type of bike. You definatly don't need 4 piston brakes for a BR, A nice pair of shimano deore of juicy threes would work fine.
Also I would look at the Corsiar Konig, witch is a better bike for about the same price IMO

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:

alot of people have had issues with shimano... i never have... ive ahd all xt and xtr components except for deore brakes... but my buds have shram and it can take abuse....

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:

imo sram they have good stuff for all prices like the x7 - x0 is good but imo the only good shimano stuff is the saint and it costs lots. but i found a deal on the internet a shimano saint for $20 regular like $90 u could buy that for ur bottle rocket but if u cant get that the sram x7 i would say is the best performance for the price

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
brycemtb wrote:
BikeRider3 wrote:

imo sram they have good stuff for all prices like the x7 - x0 is good but imo the only good shimano stuff is the saint and it costs lots. but i found a deal on the internet a shimano saint for $20 regular like $90 u could buy that for ur bottle rocket but if u cant get that the sram x7 i would say is the best performance for the price

good point but the xt stuff never fails

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
Rocco air tst, Marz 55 ata, XTR drivetrain, Avid Juicy Carbon (elixers sound cool though) Thopson bar,stem, and seat post, Mavic DeeMax, Maxis-High Roller rear and minion front... but that would cost alot, so buildit how it fits you.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:

get this for ur derailer sickest deal i have seen

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/RD703A04-Shimano+Saint+Rd-M800+Rear+Drlr+135Mm.aspx

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 23:12 Quote
I am looking into a bottlerocket and what parts I should get. What do you think is the best fork for mostly freeriding and not rough DH and a fork that is quite light. Domain?

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 3:11 Quote
Thanks for all the comments so far but any more would be even better

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008665
Mobile Version of Website