The perfect Transition Bottlerocket spec?

PB Forum :: Transition
The perfect Transition Bottlerocket spec?
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 1:29 Quote
66 ATA...DHX 5.0 Air makes for a cloud 9 ride

O+
Posted: May 2, 2009 at 0:23 Quote
just reading this thread cuz im rebuilding my BottleRocket(ive had it practically since they came out) a few questions and things that have been posted that are ignorant...

DHX AIRs are heavier than the rest of the Fox coils- but yes they r way more versatile

juicy7s used to be quite a bit better than the 5s, i worked for a shop and we warrantied a tone of 5s because of leaking and air bubbles the 7s didnt have the same problems. are they better now?

if u are under 6.1'and want a ss/dj/4x style bike GET THE MEDIUM! if ur looking for more of a hucker/light dh go with the large.

I built my BR up on a budget, and now 3 years later im re building it, not too bad, just know if u do build it cheap ull want to do it again... the right way....

i now have to ask a bunch of 15year old hucker kids what parts they've been using that they like... FML

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 1:17 Quote
Lax30 wrote:
heres what i did for my perfect BR build........domain 318 coil u turn, an you can see the rest
photo

nice man i have almost the same build exept with a rocco coil and gears. about to switch to the rocco air and single speed. have you tried ur bike with gears and a coil? or have u only ridin it as so

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 3:38 Quote
flncco wrote:
DHX AIRs are heavier than the rest of the Fox coils- but yes they r way more versatile

DHX Coil is heavier than a DHX Air.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
flncco wrote:

If just measuring the weight of the body the air is heavier once the weight of the coil is added on that shock becomes heavier.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
flncco wrote:

If just measuring the weight of the body the air is heavier once the weight of the coil is added on that shock becomes heavier.

what the f*ck is the point of measuring the weight of a coil shock without a coil? and then comparing it with a dhx air

O+
Posted: May 2, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
stryke wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

what the f*ck is the point of measuring the weight of a coil shock without a coil? and then comparing it with a dhx air

thanks for the heads up on that, why does fox do that its so stupid! but it is the kind of thing part manufacturers do!?!?! that's BS!

thanks for setting me strait...

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
Leocket wrote:
66 ATA...DHX 5.0 Air makes for a cloud 9 ride

photo

thats mine lol

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
im building up a bottlerocket and i have a question about what fork to get. i have a totem but it just seems to be to much. i was looking at the domain and the vanilla 36 rc2. any suggestions. im trying to stay in the 186mm to 180mm range. And what the difference in the totem and the coil domain?

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
femino17 wrote:
im building up a bottlerocket and i have a question about what fork to get. i have a totem but it just seems to be to much. i was looking at the domain and the vanilla 36 rc2. any suggestions. im trying to stay in the 186mm to 180mm range. And what the difference in the totem and the coil domain?

The totem has mission control which is a better dampening system, 40mm stanchions, all together stiffer etc.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
femino17 wrote:

The totem has mission control which is a better dampening system, 40mm stanchions, all together stiffer etc.
yea but i have the 08 coil totem.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
Mine is:

Bottlerocket with DHX 5.0 (Ti Coil soon)
Fox 36 Van 1.5 steerer
King 1.5 headset
Deity 1.5 stem
Deity Bar
Shimano Saint Brakes, shifter, cranks, derailleur, hubs, rotors
Shimano DX flat pedals
MRP G2
Deity Post and Freeride saddle
Tires vary depending upon the kind of riding I am doing

It has been a super solid build and relatively light

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
simcik wrote:
Mine is:

Bottlerocket with DHX 5.0 (Ti Coil soon)
Fox 36 Van 1.5 steerer
King 1.5 headset
Deity 1.5 stem
Deity Bar
Shimano Saint Brakes, shifter, cranks, derailleur, hubs, rotors
Shimano DX flat pedals
MRP G2
Deity Post and Freeride saddle
Tires vary depending upon the kind of riding I am doing

It has been a super solid build and relatively light
what kind of riding do you do ? and how do you like the vanilla

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
femino17 wrote:
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
femino17 wrote:

yea but i have the 08 coil totem.

And you asked the difference between a domain and a totem so I told you. The vanilla rc2 would be the way to go over the domain if you don't use your totem. The totem will slacken the head angle of the bike. Depends how your going to ride the bike really.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.192311
Mobile Version of Website