The Wife Said YES!!! and EBay jam

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The Wife Said YES!!! and EBay jam
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
Hello everybody! My name is Jon and I am getting back into the scene after a long time away. A lot has changed since my early Cannondale M800 days and I need everyones help. I recently returned from my second deployment in Iraq with a broken back. I will spare you with the details of how that came to be but Ill sum it up by, a BIG BOOM and me flying through the air. I am on my way to recovery and am wanting to get back into MTB for a number of reasons. 1: I love the outdoors 2: I love bikes and 3: I need the exercise. I have been looking for a couple of months now for a new bike and am having a hard time deciding what to get. I really like the urban/jump bike scene but I dont know if thats really waht I need. Full suspension would be the best for my back but I dont have thousands of dollars to spend and the bikes look crazy!!! I like the look of a hardtail and especially Transitions Bottle Rocket and Double but like I said I dont have thousands of dollars. PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
So are you looking to get into the dirt jump and street scene? You'd best be with a hardtail then a duallie, plus they are a heck of a lot cheaper. Or are you looking for a dirt jump bike that can do other desciplines fairly well (like a bit of cross country or some downhill)?

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
In a perfect world I would have a bike that would perform well in every discipline but we all no that this world is far from that. I guess Im looking for some guidance on what you all would suggest for someone who is wanting an all around performer with hard tail like looks but with maybe some suspension. The dirt jump/street bikes look so sick!!! I definately am not willing to sacrafice looks for performance.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
Have a look at the norco "shore" hardtail range. They're really affordable and the range is huge too. They are more towards the downhill and freeride so if you want to have somehting that does dirt jumping best and ok at downhill and freeride then have a look at the Norco "125". It's got gears, chainguide, good forks and more dirt jump style geometry

www.norco.com

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
A dirt jump/street bike that would do well on trails would be a good fit I guess. Any models that you would recommend?

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
As a fellow veteran I thank you for your service! I suggest you get an all mountain/trail bike. you can do a little of everyting with it. Im a Kona rider so I suggest a kona dawg or anything along that line with 4-5 inches of travel in the rear. Its a whole different game if you want to ride street though.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
From what I've heard Evil Imperial frames are really versatile- you can do pretty much whatever you want with them. They aren't overly expensive either, but might be hard to find because they are out of production.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
Thanks for your comment and when I say street, Im not meaning like hard core freestyle stuff but rather something that wouldnt be bad commuting back and forth to work and maybe a little bunnie hop with some manuals here and there, you know? I guess Im just wanting to make sure the littlre money I do spend will be well spent...the Army doesnt exactly pay the bills let alone pay enough for a new bike.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
from what you say I reckon this would be your best bet, its fairly good quality parts and my mates 2007 version is a super duper dirt jumper

http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/dirt_and_street/125.php

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
from what you say I reckon this would be your best bet, its fairly good quality parts and my mates 2007 version is a super duper dirt jumper

http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/dirt_and_street/125.php
fatass r u stupid he said commuting he doesnt need a 125

"wouldnt be bad commuting back and forth to work and maybe a little bunnie hop with some manuals here and there"
you deffinalty dont need exsepsive bike ive just go for a norco wolverine its not bad one of my friends has one its not 2 much money its a hard tail he does drops, north shore, and dirt jumping with it, its pretty much an all mountain bike tho its perfect for you it sounds because it doesnt sound like you will be doing hard core shit like dirt jumping anytime soon while still recovern'

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
Bomber, thanks for the post bro. Ill check into that one. Any more suggestions people???

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
southboston29 wrote:
Bomber, thanks for the post bro. Ill check into that one. Any more suggestions people???
no problem man and i too want the bottle rocket Frown

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
That wolverine is sick looking and the price is right up my ally

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
might be a little expensive, but maybe a transition vagrant.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
You should go 1 more step up and get a rival. Almost every part on it is better and it at least has a slightly adjustable fork. And its only 150 bucks more.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013464
Mobile Version of Website