The Wife Said YES!!! and EBay jam

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The Wife Said YES!!! and EBay jam
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
Thanks guys for the replies and for the helpful hints with dealing with ones "better half". I cant stand Iraq and I am soo thankful that I will never have to go back. But if I hadnt gotten injured I would do it again in a heartbeat. After 911 I was soo pissed off and wanted to do something and what do you know less than two years later I was in a tank waiting to cross the berm into Iraq. Enough about all that, lets get back to what really matters, me buying a bike. So if the whole ebay thing falls threw, and it probably will at the last ten seconds of the bidding, I will be down at the shop buying the bighit. So I guess I have decided. Thanks to all you who helped me out!!!

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
put some pics up when you get it

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
Pics will be up right after I get it!

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
awsome man. it will do you well. great bike, and good luck with everthing

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
The Wife said NO!!!! I tried and tried but she's as stubborn as a bull and my dreams are pretty much crushed just like my vertabrae. Well, you cant have everything...Frown Madder Really Mad Jail

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
If anyone out there has a DS bike that they are willing to donate or sell at low price, please let me know.Jail

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
southboston29 wrote:
Mikeflow, the problem with the money thing is not so much me as my wife. She cant seem to grasp the fact that "good" bikes cost a lot of money. So I have no problem buying a bike for $1500, it's the wife that I am going to have to convince now and that is a HUGE problem!!!
Hey man, get the big hit 1, it sounds like a great idea. if you really wanted i'll bet your shop could get you into a norco (if hes nice enough). the specy is a great first dual suspension bike, not the best pedal but it'll get u back in shape way quicker haha and at the price you'll have to sacrifice something. but in the future you can replace the rear shock with something higher end i.e a fox dhx 5.0 coil (look it up) it has "propedal" which is a stable platform that assists pedalling. and a fork with a lock out or travel adjust. welcome back to the scene and good luck with your back and bike choice

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
i'd sell my kona stinky primo to u. its in the buynsell. i'd go lower than it says in the add. and there are more pictures in my photo album.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
southboston29 wrote:
The Wife said NO!!!! I tried and tried but she's as stubborn as a bull and my dreams are pretty much crushed just like my vertabrae. Well, you cant have everything...Frown Madder Really Mad Jail

Wtf man? You're a f'in war hero. You need to put your foot down on this one! You get your back destroyed and all your asking for is a sub-grand bike and the wife says no? Unless you got some serious money issues goin on the wife should be cool. After all, you make a paycheck too. Thanks for doing what ya did man. As a fellow military member, you have my greatest appreciation.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
hey man i'll sell my bike to you... just look in my sell area in my profile, u can have it for 1100

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
mjsca07 wrote:
southboston29 wrote:

Wtf man? You're a f'in war hero. You need to put your foot down on this one! You get your back destroyed and all your asking for is a sub-grand bike and the wife says no? Unless you got some serious money issues goin on the wife should be cool. After all, you make a paycheck too. Thanks for doing what ya did man. As a fellow military member, you have my greatest appreciation.

Thanks man! My Dad told me this 7 years ago the day I got married, he said, "Son...Happy wife, happy life!" What can I do? I love her and thats pretty much that. Looks like I will be saving my nickels and dimes for the next couple of years and I cant see myself buying some WalGoose either!

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
bacher wrote:
hey man i'll sell my bike to you... just look in my sell area in my profile, u can have it for 1100

Thanks for the offer! Ill check with the old lady but I doubt it.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
makripper wrote:
i'd sell my kona stinky primo to u. its in the buynsell. i'd go lower than it says in the add. and there are more pictures in my photo album.

Thanks for the offer but I doubt she will go for it either.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
1000$ flat..... that way not over or under.....jeez i'm buying my bikes beofre i marry lmao!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026549
Mobile Version of Website