How do you face your fears off going off big jumps?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How do you face your fears off going off big jumps?
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 23:38 Quote
When you do a tuck no, literally throw the bar into your lap and your hands will come off. You just have to commit more, also try extending them down at first to get used to the motion.

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 1:07 Quote
thanks ill give it a shot tomorrow night
yo13bo wrote:
When you do a tuck no, literally throw the bar into your lap and your hands will come off. You just have to commit more, also try extending them down at first to get used to the motion.

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 7:51 Quote
as i said a couple o' pages before i had an issue with my brakes..hitting them when i shouldn't.last night i tried goofing around at a skate park....was the first time i really went as fast as i could and didnt even consider braking so as i could clear off some tables...im looking forward now to hit the trails again to see if this changes anything.i think it really does...so maybe if trying shit in a "safer" environment can be of a great help

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 10:00 Quote
runner wrote:
When I'm sitting at the top of the run in thinking "Im gonna die" I just call out "DROPPING" and once everyone is expecting me to hit it, there's no way I can back down Big Grin

that's a good way to do it

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 12:15 Quote
what i do is dont thinnk bout it just push off or count to 3 and once u reach 3 just make yourself go

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
kentwford wrote:
i usually trip over it for a loooong time and then im like oh well you only live once. and then 80% of the time i eat shit.
YOLO before it was mainstream!

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 15:27 Quote
I just ask someones whos hit it before what its like, then just do the whole trail before that jump, get into the flow of the trail, then once im past 'the point of no return' i just think "well, i have to send it now" and spot my landing early so i can prepare for a case/ overshoot.

Posted: Apr 20, 2013 at 2:45 Quote
IHGL579 wrote:
what i do is dont thinnk bout it just push off or count to 3 and once u reach 3 just make yourself go
Thats what i do

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 14:28 Quote
Turn off your mind and go. Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Posted: Jun 16, 2013 at 22:18 Quote
Watch other people hit it first then just say " ah what the heck " and go for it.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 6:50 Quote
following someone more experienced to hit a jump i was afraid of helped me stop thinking that i'm going to freak out and crash whenever im scared of something...now i feel a lot more comfortable on every jump i used to hit before and feel much more calm pushing my self to bigger stuff even if i don't have anyone to follow.really stoked

Posted: Jul 1, 2013 at 14:00 Quote
papardelas wrote:
i get the right speed to hit a jump and i dont know why i just slightly hit the brakes riding the line and is just enough to make my jump poor..some guys told me its because i dont feel comfortable in the air yet (i've ridden 7-8 times) .i know speed is my friend but at that last seconds it seems like i control my bike better if i brake (?) i dunno.its killing me...any suggestions? really want to hit some bigger stuff but im afraid i'll hit the brakes and die.

Man, I'm had the same problem. I killed myself on a big double last weekend, the biggest one at my local spot, because I broke just before the take off. My riding buddies said I was just 6 inches short. I think it's an instinctive thing, but next time I notice that I'm doing it, I'm stopping!

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 13:35 Quote
deathmetaldownhill wrote:
papardelas wrote:
i get the right speed to hit a jump and i dont know why i just slightly hit the brakes riding the line and is just enough to make my jump poor..some guys told me its because i dont feel comfortable in the air yet (i've ridden 7-8 times) .i know speed is my friend but at that last seconds it seems like i control my bike better if i brake (?) i dunno.its killing me...any suggestions? really want to hit some bigger stuff but im afraid i'll hit the brakes and die.

Man, I'm had the same problem. I killed myself on a big double last weekend, the biggest one at my local spot, because I broke just before the take off. My riding buddies said I was just 6 inches short. I think it's an instinctive thing, but next time I notice that I'm doing it, I'm stopping!

as i said,what helped me get over this was following someone who's done it before.just tried to keep up with the speed and it was ok! Wink

Posted: Jul 14, 2013 at 14:18 Quote
My procedure:
I'm at the bikepark and i have to take the chicken way around a drop, because i'm scared to hit it. I do this literaly all day. But at some point I'm so pissed off just because i don't hit it. So, in the end i'm always like "f*ck it", then i just send it and hope for the best.
Usually, after i did it i'm even more pissed off that i didn't do it earlier.

Posted: Jul 15, 2013 at 6:53 Quote
hahaha +1 on the pissed off part...was taking the chicken way around a drop in a trail for some months now.not even a big drop.just didnt like its landing.so the chicken way was so goddamn slow.had to lift the bike around some rocks and sh*t.one day i said wth i'll just hit it before i even get to see it today.done it and felt so stupid and angry i was losing some great speed all these months

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014979
Mobile Version of Website