What does the "DT" stand for in "DT Swiss" ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What does the "DT" stand for in "DT Swiss" ?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
jonlake wrote:
spliffonator wrote:
You have to admit it is a bit of a stupid question isnt it. It might enlighten you a tiny but its not as if its gonna be a question on Who wants to be a millionaire is it? Why do Intense call it the M3? or the M2? or M1? Just like any company name.

don't think I've heard of a M2? sure you don't mean M1, M3, and M6?

Yer whatever i was just picking an example, ok well why wasnt there an Intense M2? or M4 OR M5??

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
there was an m5 but it never went into production

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
http://www.dtswiss.com/Ueber-uns/Geschichte.aspx?lang=en-US

Might be there. I don't know, I didn't really read it.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
http://www.dtswiss.com/Ueber-uns/Geschichte.aspx?lang=en-US

Might be there. I don't know, I didn't really read it.

we have found the answer already. and no, i doesn't say it in there. good idea though!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
Whoops my bad. I should have read the 1st page.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Tried to find it for ya, all I could find is that CH in their serial numbers don't stand for China, but rather the first inhabitants of Switzerland. One of the guys who started the company has a last name beginning with D, but nothing with the T. Could be children, could be their school acronym, could be anything.

No CH does really not stand for China Big Grin LOL .... CH means Confederatio Helvetica, that's Latin for Switzerland. They used the latin language, because they speak 4 different languages in switzerland and used the latin to have a "neutral" language.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
bont wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:
Tried to find it for ya, all I could find is that CH in their serial numbers don't stand for China, but rather the first inhabitants of Switzerland. One of the guys who started the company has a last name beginning with D, but nothing with the T. Could be children, could be their school acronym, could be anything.

No CH does really not stand for China Big Grin LOL .... CH means Confederatio Helvetica, that's Latin for Switzerland. They used the latin language, because they speak 4 different languages in switzerland and used the latin to have a "neutral" language.

you are a bloody fountain of knowledge man!!!

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 1:40 Quote
Hi Rob

Thanks for your mail and for your interest in our company.
DT means Drahtwerke (german) and Tréfilerie (french). Both words mean the same.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Valérie Hunziker
Administrative Assistant
DT Swiss AG
Phone: +41 (0)32 344 62 25
Fax: +41 (0)32 341 91 52
mailto: vhunziker@dtswiss.com
http://www.dtswiss.com

mystery solved!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012097
Mobile Version of Website