Single speed hub choices

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Single speed hub choices
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
i use to ride a 14mm eastern pro mtb hub, it was sick

its for sale too.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
haven't been on this thread for a while, oh well Razz got my hubs, here they is :

photo

nice, eh?

originally wanted to give atom.lab bmx trailking hubs a shot. unfortunately, they're uber expensive. apart from that, they only come with a 16t sprocket and they're outta' 11 tooth sprockets. i'd have to get a thread.in sprocket from danscomp to run the number of teeth i wanted...not that much of a hassle but for that price, ugh.

haven't heard anything bad 'bout the halo hubs so i picked'em up...they're so comparably cheap...and after reading through pages and pages of threads 'bout hubs, i can honestly say a bad review is to say the least...rare.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
dmr revoler would probally be the cheapest but its still nice.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
thanks...and ya, the dmr revolver is cheaper...i just have this weird thing not liking parts on my frame from companies who also make bike frames. like buying a beamer and putting a merc steering wheel on ( bad example? ). could've picked up a transition revolution ss hub i guess, it's 99 bucks...but knowing u get what u pay for, i decided to up my budget a smidge.

FL
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
nice how much did you pay for the rear? and where did you get it? nice choice.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
cheers Smile

it was 60 pounds and a bit, shipping killed it...30 pounds from the uk to my hood. then i had to pay like 30 bucks at canada post 'cause it wasn't classified as a gift, which i specified...i don't blame'em, they're legit...chainreactioncycles.com

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
you'll love your halo djd, i've been running one for a while on a atomlab g.i. rim and its such a sweet hub, no problems, nice and loud and in Pimp ing white.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
coo', thanks man. i was a little reluctant just 'cause nobody talks 'bout these hubs much. i just realized that whenever i did hear something, it sounded just like what you said.

how come they're not on every dj/street bike? ...not every, but you know what i mean. one thing i noticed is they seem more common in the uk than in north america...it's not like we can't get it here, i just ordered from the uk to get the limited edition colours.

WHY?!? tell me now!

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
i geuss maybe they would appeal to more people here in the uk becuase we have a strong DJ background, and the hubs seem to fit in nicely.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
halo djds are the bollockssss

FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
hope pro 2 singlespeed/trials

top quality hub, built in the uk. got one on order so can't give any riding info yet will after a while

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
moleman wrote:
i geuss maybe they would appeal to more people here in the uk becuase we have a strong DJ background, and the hubs seem to fit in nicely.

true, i noticed just about all he riders giving me feedback when i asked 'bout the djds are from the uk...like you and buddy who posted after you.

extertim, you posted your ride last week...right? i think i saw the ltd. edition white rear in the pics.

...and 'bout the hopes, ya...keep us posted. i wanted them also, they're red is so deep, it's like blood. they're a bit cheaper than CKs but still too expensive Blank Stare

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
yepBig Grin

i've had the DJd for about about 3 months now though, and its still as loud as when i first got it. only bad thing is the driver goes rusty.

But that is my bad for letting it get too wetFrown they are definately worth the money though!

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
nice Smile i knew i recognized it and remembered you reviving this thread askin' 'bout 14mm axle ss hubs. we were both lookin' for the same thing 'cept i needed a 10mm axle.

so how many teeth did you end up getting the halo djd with?

...and the rusted sprocket, could just be the uk. went to wales, london, and few other cities for a 2 week, 5 game rugby tour and played every game in rain, mud, and fog...it was epic. you guys have some pretty gnar moisture during fall, winter, and spring.

what can you do to prevent rust on your sprocket? ...or is it inevitable

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
lol, yeah, to be fair it is inveitable that it will go rusty in the uk.

I got an 11t, i didnt want one because i thought it would be too high, but its pretty much perfect with my 28t at the front.

Yeah i found it difficult looking for 10mm's. The Pro2 is a must to look at though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022176
Mobile Version of Website