Best Bike + Rider Combination This Year In The World Of Downhill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best Bike + Rider Combination This Year In The World Of Downhill
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
I've already said Sam Hill and his Iron Horse Sunday.

And I think Brendan Fairclough and his Iron Horse Sunday is pretty nice too.

Love Sundays3Wink

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 6:17 Quote
Sam Hill + Sunday.

End of. He owns. Bit fanboyish, but no one can deny he's the quickest out there.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
Sam Hill + Sunday.

End of. He owns. Bit fanboyish, but no one can deny he's the quickest out there.

except gee atherton did this last weekendWink only kidding but seriously, we've never really seen him on another bike, if you watch him in hypnosis, eric carter talks about how he blew through a rock garden in 2003 and as he describes it "it looked like someone pushed the fast forward button on a vcr" he's amazing on any bike so i dont really think its the sunday that gives him the edge or eeryone would ride sundays

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
stabdee661 wrote:
Bolmy wrote:
Sam Hill + Sunday.

except gee atherton did this last weekendWink only kidding but seriously, we've never really seen him on another bike, if you watch him in hypnosis, eric carter talks about how he blew through a rock garden in 2003 and as he describes it "it looked like someone pushed the fast forward button on a vcr" he's amazing on any bike so i dont really think its the sunday that gives him the edge or eeryone would ride sundays

if you watch earthed (first one) his old ih sgs didnt seem to slow him down any

lets not forget steve smiths sudden rise. he may have gotten 10th this weekend, but he snuck up on sammy boy at the open and was on him the whole off season to

the athertons have also always been on top and keep pushing into the comfort zone of the other wc riders and last weekend proved that

its such a talented field of top riders this year it should get very interesting

FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 8:23 Quote
Peaty riding his V10. The guy rips, and is so good for the sport on and off the race course.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
athertons ruled the other day !!!!

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 9:05 Quote
i think the athertons and there commencal cos they say they like them and last weekend they proved they like them

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
Dan-Smith-45- wrote:
personally i think its greg minnaar on the santacruz sydicate Beer
i completley agree with that

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 3:59 Quote
stabdee661 wrote:
Bolmy wrote:
Sam Hill + Sunday.

I know, but he rides the Sunday, so I reckon he's gonna be the fastest again this year.

I quite like Rennie too, anyone who rides flat pedals gets my vote. Flatties ftw!

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
24austin wrote:
I still think peaty on orange was the ultimate yorkshire combo.

too true! made 2 miles fromwhere i grew up and now i have 2 of my own!! Yorkshire Rules!!!

Oh and it has to be Gee on the commencal 09! really gone up the ladder since his Giant days

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 4:34 Quote
Samy hill for sure but thats probably aussie pride haha the sunday isnt worth ravin about only that he personally choose the geometry so yeh, but also the gee atherton on commencals and now thats a freakin brilliant bike

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
fabien pedemaud and the new morewood proto??? this year he's been consistently 9th/10th and doing really well compared to last year, what do you guys think??

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
bigquotescedric and his supreme
agreed

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
BryceD wrote:
bigquotescedric and his supreme
agreed

to me that is the most logical one because where most peoples opinions are being based on how good someone is on their bike(eg sam hill+sunday) cedrics bike goes with his personallity because he is a loud party hard guy and his bike colour just is loud cos it is proper bright green

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
Sam Blenkensop and his Yeti 303

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015403
Mobile Version of Website