Sherwood trials vid

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Sherwood trials vid
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
any comments or thoughts on the editing and vid are welcome...

can't do much with the program I used... next vid will feature DT Edmonton, more riders and way better/bigger linestup ... also a better movie maker program... maybe throw in a little slow motion and more interesting editing effects!
enjoy!
DArren
Views: 1,430    Faves: 10    Comments: 6

not sure what happened to the start of the vidConfused no blurry stuff on the original file

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
That was frickin sweet. Good job and nice riding! tup

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
Man, the last part was sweet nicly done on the vid.

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
vary nice will whach with sound when i get off school

Mod
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
Cool vid, Darren. Smile

Posted: May 30, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
Nice editing and riding, it's so rare for anyone to make videos these days. I'm almost done mineBig Grin . When I'm done school in a month, I am going to e town to sess with you madcats.

Peace.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
Im not sure but when i play it I seem to be missing half the video? (the top half) It starts out with it but then it turns white and the screen becomes a narrow rectangle.

As for the video it was quite awesome.

The very first thing in was so crazy. All the riding was very good. The other line I really liked was the double power box side hop to drop power boxes are intense! Everything was extremely clean and smooth too. The video was the right length that u showed a good variety, but didn't get repetative. U can up to rear really high too.

The filming worked well Im guessing, but like i said the video cut in half vertically so I missed a lot. Having 2 cameras really makes vids 1000 times better. If u can get a cameraman I would, cause then the framing is always perfect. Filming usually looks the best from the "right" distance, and when u use a tripod its usually too far back cause u don't want to go out of the frame.

The editing was decent. You effectively made use of crossfades quite well they work really nicely with still shots. I think u should not use slow mos lol. A vid is a angle u could stand at and see that thing in real life, but in real life you never see things in slow motion, so u could never actually make your riding look like that except in a video but thats just my opinion. Basic editing is usually a good thing. Its annoying when they put in all these weird video filters and light effects, and play stuff backwards, annoying transition effects and so forth.

All in all great vid, when will your edmonton video be done?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 8:25 Quote
Hey thanks for the replys... I was only using one camera, so I had to ride some lines multiple times and film from different angles... I filmed in wide screen, this explains why the vid looks cut off the top...

maybe next time I'll try normal mode, that's a good idea, might help out with getting more in the shot, and not cutting off heads all the time...
Vid of DT might be a while... month or two? plan is to compile vid of most the summers riding... will most likely be a longer vid because there are soooooo many sweet lines DT... maybe a couple different ones?

I agree that long vids can get repetitive... I've watched enough of them to know what I like and don't like from a filming and editing perspectiveCamera
the challenge is repricating those styles!

my prediction is that the next vid will be a much better with an entire summers worth of lines vs just two days out in Sherwood Parktup

O+
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
yea more footage = more better. I was pretty sure u had 2 cameras cause when you did the gap drop by the docks I counted the number of pogos u did before the gap and it was the same the second and third attempt. Your summer vid will be the bomb.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
I think you're riding is SICK first of all. I might make one suggestion though: don't try to add crazy editing effects and stuff. You already have the most important aspect to a great mtb film: the RIDER!
Another thing to consider is to get someone who is just there to film. Post something on craigslist to get a film making student come out and work on the film with you. Your specialty is the riding, so focus on that. Have a true filmmaker work on the shooting. I would still suggest you do the editing, and really try to tell a story. IMO there are WAY too many skate/snow/wake/kite/bmx/mtb films that are basically 45minute montages cut to music. It devalues the riding by showing it AGAIN and AGAIN -- tell a story. don't be afraid to explore more trials culture then JUST actual footage of the sport.
Do something different!
you're well on your way!

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
it's a nice vid, the only thing i'm going to say is maybe vary the way you hop off / on things like more front tire drops or somthing like that or maybe try a rock walk off something? i dont know i'm not a trials rider but you could improve the vid my changing the way you hop up and off things instead of always hoping on your back tire then droping off, maybe side hop? or 180 off? looks like you can evan stopie 180 off... just saying! don't take it as i'm saying you suck because it's far from that! all i'm saying is, try new things, and P.S. nice bike!!!tup

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
awsome riding, and video editing.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012475
Mobile Version of Website