best grips for trials?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
best grips for trials?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
i need some new grips for my trials bike and was wondering what the best grips would be? under £12 and preferably lock on? im looking at the sunline grips or the fire eye stripper grips? anyone got ideas?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
odd grips are good

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 23:23 Quote
i use odd MX lock ons

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
im using some odyssey team grips

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
Road bike foam grips. Low profile, comfortable and doesn't give you nerve problems like some rubber gives guys. And it conforms to the shape of your hand over time.

That or bar wrap. You wrap that as tight or big as you want. Only bummer is it you're into big riding. I find it migrates unless you glue it down.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
my friend who rides trials(I don't) was getting like sore hands with reg grips so now he is using foam grips and he seems to like them.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
lock on grips are heavy, foam is way better, cheap and more comfterable for your hands. I use try-all grips. The foam has to be thinner than regular foam grips so you can still get the full grip of your bars. The only down fall is if you put your bike on a rock, the grip gets torn. But foam is way better and worth $10-$15.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 23:53 Quote
mmmm gloves solve most grip problems. Just get one that isn't too thick and made of soft rubber. Any hard rubber grip feels terrible

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
I'm using Da Bomb Holy Shit grips because I liked them on my freeride bike but they kill your hands when riding Trials:

photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2560524360_9d8c60429e_o.jpg

I'll probably switch to foam grips or just get a big squirt of Harden the F@#k Up & rub it in well.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
thebofh wrote:
I'm using Da Bomb Holy Shit grips because I liked them on my freeride bike but they kill your hands when riding Trials:

I'll probably switch to foam grips or just get a big squirt of Harden the F@#k Up & rub it in well.

just get gloves

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
what people dont use gloves Eek

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
Sayshell wrote:
thebofh wrote:

just get gloves
That was with gloves Redface I have to have my brake lever at a steep angle because I broke my wrist last year & don't have the same range of motion in it anymore. I also wear a wrist brace & I think that might chafe while I'm riding. I got a blister under the existing callous which popped & it all curled up into itself.

*TIP* Don't use any sort of spay on bandage on this type of injury, I nearly chewed my bottom lip off it stung so much Eek

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
just use Band-Aids then tape Wink

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 1:17 Quote
try edwin de la rosa grips. Ive used them for 2 years and haven't gotten a blister. Calises are inevitable, but good grips should stop your hands from blistering.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
Sayshell wrote:
try edwin de la rosa grips. Ive used them for 2 years and haven't gotten a blister. Calises are inevitable, but good grips should stop your hands from blistering.

best grips ever for anything ive ridden them on 3 different bikes

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013587
Mobile Version of Website