How to bleed a break!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to bleed a break!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
Hey I recently whiped and screwed up my back break and it needs to be rebled. So I was wondering how to do it and then price of it if i took it to my lbs thanks, its a hayes nine break by the way.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
check out the manufacturers website for complete instruction's/// What brake??

also if it happened after a bail you prolly need a new Hydrolic line.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
if u can't figure out how to LOOK UP this information. you should definetly take it to your bike shop.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
makripper wrote:
if u can't figure out how to LOOK UP this information. you should definetly take it to your bike shop.
If I was his LBS, I would charge him a stupid tax...

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
makripper wrote:
If I was his LBS, I would charge him a stupid tax...

And a spelling tax.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
dont be such a bitch about spelling why does it matter just help me out, dont got to be such a dick about it

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
duboiss wrote:
dont be such a bitch about spelling why does it matter just help me out, dont got to be such a dick about it

Instead of getting all worked up, tell me what brake it is so this thread can end.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
its a hayes nine like it says in my first post..

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
You need to have the special pin for the master cylinder in order to bleed the brake. You also need two tubes that will fit over the fitting on the caliper. If you have those then get back to me and I'll tell you what to do. If not go to the LBS.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
i bled my brakes with a syringe peice of clear tube and one of those strays that come with wd40

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
Okay, so I decided I'm gonna help you. First, you're gonna need a turkey baster and a cup of vegetable oil (DOT is just a scam to get you to buy their overpriced oil). Then unscrew the master cylinder in the lever and the little bolt on the caliper and fill the system with the oil making sure that you get rid of any air bubbles. Tighten everything up and you're golden! Big Grin

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
lol... this could get interesting....

Book

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Okay, so I decided I'm gonna help you. First, you're gonna need a turkey baster and a cup of vegetable oil (DOT is just a scam to get you to buy their overpriced oil). Then unscrew the master cylinder in the lever and the little bolt on the caliper and fill the system with the oil making sure that you get rid of any air bubbles. Tighten everything up and you're golden! Big Grin

You do that to your car and let me know how that works for you. Don't listen to this post. And on top of that you have no idea how to bleed a brake. Here's how to build a bridge-get some wood and nail it together and you're golden

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:

Did that with my strokers, feel AMAZING!!!

They have more power and modulation than any brake on the market!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011071
Mobile Version of Website