Help Needed! What can I do to my bike to make it more Downhill orientated for $600. Help Needed!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Help Needed! What can I do to my bike to make it more Downhill orientated for $600. Help Needed!
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
bigquoteswhy cant you do DH on a single speed bike? i do DH with a chainless bike...

Well yeah but its not as fun dude

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 21:55 Quote
u could even buy a cheap dh bike second hand in the buy/sell section for a bit more
ex https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2108719/ 100 dollars more, not very good but i got a custom 04 stinky for 700 back in september

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
gregarious wrote:
u could even buy a cheap dh bike second hand in the buy/sell section for a bit more

Yeah I was going to sell my Giant ATX DH for around that and its got 04 Boxxer teams on it

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 4:33 Quote
Thanks guys, I do not want to buy a Downhill bike because I like riding around and Hardtails... SO post up your opinion on what i could get for $600!

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 4:36 Quote
longer travel forks depending on what you run at the moment

erm...

run short cage derailleur on something like a roady cassette and get a chain device?

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
Don't really know what prices are over there but anyway.

You'll want some better brakes maybe juicy 5s or something

Better fork, I'd say Pike or Marz 55, they're adjustable so you can still have less travel for other types of riding but not big enough to damage your frame.

Maybe some gears, Shimano 105 road mech with a shifter of your choice and a Truvativ Boxguide, as I've said I'm not sure on prices but thats something you can have a look at.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 6:11 Quote
At the moment, first thing is get a Rockshox Pike.

Then upgrade to gears with short cage and close ratio cassette. Maybe some Avid Juicy's when you can.

Whatever you do though, don't go all out and make it a fully blown DH hardtail, because two things. It's not designed for forks above 140mm. And if you keep it like I said, you can keep it when you guy a DH bike and use it for 4X, because STP's effing own at 4X, it's my next bike tbh.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 6:59 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
At the moment, first thing is get a Rockshox Pike.

Then upgrade to gears with short cage and close ratio cassette. Maybe some Avid Juicy's when you can.

Whatever you do though, don't go all out and make it a fully blown DH hardtail, because two things. It's not designed for forks above 140mm. And if you keep it like I said, you can keep it when you guy a DH bike and use it for 4X, because STP's effing own at 4X, it's my next bike tbh.

It's also my next bike, rest of the parts arrive tomorrow!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010861
Mobile Version of Website