Why do mountain bikers hate bmxers?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Why do mountain bikers hate bmxers?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 2:31 Quote
As title says. I ride a dj bike and i have no problem with bmxers, but there seems to be alot of people on pinkbike who dont like them. I don't understand why there is this whole mtn bike versus bmx issue, we all enjoy riding, so we are all the same in that respect, is it a problem that they have smaller wheels?. Also how can people say that one is better than the other as they completely different. Well thats my rant over, and i did use the search and was surprised that no one has mentioned this before.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 2:39 Quote
narrow minded is the only reason i can think of why mtbers hate bmxers, its also bad within mtbing alot of xcers hate dhers and vice versa, i think people would stop hating each other if they tried the other disciplines every once in a while

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 3:14 Quote
armydave wrote:
narrow minded is the only reason i can think of why mtbers hate bmxers, its also bad within mtbing alot of xcers hate dhers and vice versa, i think people would stop hating each other if they tried the other disciplines every once in a while

Ye, just stupidity realy. Its not just mtb hating bmxers though, if a mtber goes into the main skatepark near me there never realy there for long because most of the bmxers take the piss Frown

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 3:40 Quote
Because they are the losers. who they they own parks and when u ride in their parks u get looked at like your an alien, and they have their little gangs, and walk around like they own everything.

Thus we can only return the favour and hate them too

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
Stooping to their level makes you just as bad though.

But the sad fact is that within every sport, activity, scene or whatever, there's always going to be pointless rivalry.

BMXERS / MTBERS

DH / XC

SKATEBOARDERS / INLINER / BMXERS

SNOWBOARDERS / SKIERS

CYCLISTS / WALKERS

SOCCER FANS / EVERYONE WHO DOESNT LIKE SOCCER

etc etc

I'm not justifying it or saying I agree, just thats unfortunately the way of it.

A bit of friendly banter is one thing, but some people take it too far.

Someone said narrowminded... that about sums it up.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 3:53 Quote
because mtb's take up too much room in skateparks, i hate riding park in a big group, a small crew is where its at. Although some bmxer's hate mtb's just for the sake of hating.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 3:55 Quote
wesley1234567 wrote:
Because they are the losers. who they they own parks and when u ride in their parks u get looked at like your an alien, and they have their little gangs, and walk around like they own everything.

Because of people like him /\ who get a bad vibe of a certain group of bmxers and then decide that they have to hate everyone who rides one. In other words - idiots.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 4:07 Quote
it's because people are still finding themselves therefore feel the need to be the dominant person/group. Once they grow up these things turn to just plain old friendly rivalry, which is a good thing. BTW I don't mean anything to do with age - just maturity, I know some 30 year old roadies who have yet to grow up still and hate MTB in all it's forms. I sometimes ride with BMXers and it's a right laugh, I've learned a lot from them. Its all about conduct. When I ride my local BMX park I appreciate that I'm like a guest there and behave accordingly and no-one has ever said anything bad to me (to my face anyway!). I'm also a fan of watching BMXers bouncing down our freeride area wobbling all over the shop. Great entertainment - almost as good as watching me flap and panic about 1/2" of air off the top of the vert ramp. Quote "ooh look an old man doing a wheely" Big Grin

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 4:29 Quote
its funny but you would think that this being a bike forum that everyone would just get on but its the minority who spoil it for the rest of us.

just because i ride mtb why should i hate on road riders xc riders bmx riders,and so on just ignore the haters because usually they cant string 2 words together.

and most hate bmx because bmxers dont need 8 inch huck machines they use skill.

photo

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 4:57 Quote
wesley1234567 wrote:

And thus the problem continues.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 5:07 Quote
I have nothing against bmxers, its skaters that piss me off... Still even then I don't hate skaters...

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
marquis wrote:
photo

Haha, nice one Marquis! Jimmy Levan is a total legend!

I have the animated version of that pic but it's like 4.6MB so too big to upload Frown

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 5:44 Quote
photo

[/Quote]

holy sh#t sauce! Smile

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 5:49 Quote
haha i love everyone

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 6:01 Quote
i think BMX has been given a bad name because there are alot of chaves that ride BMXs (there are in the UK anyway) and most of them are crap... i have alot of respect for any one who is good on a BMX. Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011192
Mobile Version of Website