SOMEONE TOOK MY BIKE FROM ME AT GUNPOINT!!!!!

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
SOMEONE TOOK MY BIKE FROM ME AT GUNPOINT!!!!!
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 2:59 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:
comoxdh wrote:
Tell Kona your story, if they're cool, they'll hook you up. But good job on getting the bike back, sucks with the headtube thing..

Yeah Really I agree. If Kona is a good company, they will listen to your story and do something about it. Try talking to them.

haha kona's warranty sucks. im sorry to sound like an ass but have fun. it took me like 6 months for them to decide to crash replace my snapped frame.

Naw brah, Kona is great. They're a lot nicer than most of the other companies and their warranty coverage is awesome, a lot better than the other makes.

Moose, talk to Kona before you go buy anything new. With any luck, they'll send you a new frame, and besides, there's nothing to lose.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 3:59 Quote
OrangeGoblin wrote:

Bike insurance isn't that much, i pay £200 ($400) a year to insure my bike for £3500 ($7000).

A

J

Wooohaaa!
I pay that for my contents insurance of my house!!!
My bikes are covered for 8k thru theft from the shed or while I'm out, it covers all my shit in my house including shit like dropping and breaking my grands worth of camera!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 4:23 Quote
my sundays insured for 15 000 my parents pay for it so i have no idea how much but they said its not much cos its only insured if it gets stolen not if like i crack the frame or sumn

Mod
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 6:33 Quote
bikebreaker wrote:
OrangeGoblin wrote:

Bike insurance isn't that much, i pay £200 ($400) a year to insure my bike for £3500 ($7000).

A

J

Wooohaaa!
My bikes are covered for 8k thru theft from the shed or while I'm out, it covers all my shit in my house including shit like dropping and breaking my grands worth of camera!

What insurance company are you with? I'm looking around for a decent policy atm Smile

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 6:45 Quote
bikebreaker wrote:
OrangeGoblin wrote:

A

J

Wooohaaa!

yeah, my bike's insurance goes through our house.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
almostwise wrote:
bikebreaker wrote:
OrangeGoblin wrote:

A

J

Wooohaaa!

What insurance company are you with? I'm looking around for a decent policy atm Smile

Its thru Natwest. It was £179 odd, but I paid extra for accidental damage to certain things...

Well worth it Smile

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
But like any business - they are out there to make money and survive. Therefore it is in an insurance companies best interests to try and pay out as little money as possible, preferably none! If you carefully read the smallprint there are ways in which they try and have you over in the even of a claim.

Like for instance if you do races your average policy is either void or very expensive. If your bike is stolen from anywhere other than the places stated on your policy. I.e - your friends house, on holiday etc etc. Then they might get bitchy about paying out.

And also the insurance value of your bike decreases by up to a third every year ( to take depreciation into account).

So if your bike cost you 3 grand, and it's insured for that amount. Then after a year if it got stolen you might only get £2250 pay out.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 9:13 Quote
my friend recently left his hardtail devinci out front a busy walmart without a lock and it got stolen. supposedly his house insurance is giving him 1000 dollars for the stolen bike, which is way more than what the bike is worth. sounds pretty unbelievable to me. im not sure if hes lying or what. any ideas if house insurance covers that kind of thing?

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
But like any business - they are out there to make money and survive. Therefore it is in an insurance companies best interests to try and pay out as little money as possible, preferably none! If you carefully read the smallprint there are ways in which they try and have you over in the even of a claim.

Like for instance if you do races your average policy is either void or very expensive. If your bike is stolen from anywhere other than the places stated on your policy. I.e - your friends house, on holiday etc etc. Then they might get bitchy about paying out.

And also the insurance value of your bike decreases by up to a third every year ( to take depreciation into account).

So if your bike cost you 3 grand, and it's insured for that amount. Then after a year if it got stolen you might only get £2250 pay out.

I have read all the smallprint thanks Smile

Whats racing got to do with the bikes insurance anyway lol

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
bikebreaker wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

I have read all the smallprint thanks Smile

Whats racing got to do with the bikes insurance anyway lol

Can you claim off of your insurance for bike repairs? In that case, it adds up to why insurance covering racing would be more expensive. What with sick ninja lines that people take on race days!

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
i found this on youtube and found it pretty cool
[YT=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nSyI4J-7Hcs]

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
caravanking wrote:

OMG CAM MCAUL HE FRICKING OWNZ GO DUDE!

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
caravanking wrote:
omg that was the sweetest thing ive ever seen

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
Jer-Richard wrote:
caravanking wrote:
omg that was the sweetest thing ive ever seen
This is already on PB

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
Being an ex-rental bike I doubt Kona will do anything, but miracles can happen. But I'm super happy to say I ordered a Chumba F5!! The guys at Chumba heard my story and, well, lets just say they took care of me Big Grin . It's arriving at my door on Thursday or Friday, so I should be riding it in about 5 days time, HELL YEAH!!! Big Grin tup Fab Pimp

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010896
Mobile Version of Website