Fernie opening day

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Fernie opening day
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
Does anybody have any information on anything? How many trails are going to be open, how much snow is there on the Timber side of the mountain, etc

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
I can't say I'm as pumped to go to Fernie this year as I was last year, the whole no jump policy takes away a lot from my riding. Bye bye Bin LogdinFrown

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
rancidfan05 wrote:
I can't say I'm as pumped to go to Fernie this year as I was last year, the whole no jump policy takes away a lot from my riding. Bye bye Bin LogdinFrown
Yeah, that pissed me off. But I'm going to Kicking Horse and Silverstar, but man, Fernie is making the wrong choice. Bin Logdin rocks my socks.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
Check the fernie website www.skifernie.com/summer it has updated cams of timber and the base

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
Y are they getting ride of all there stunts??

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
irktusk wrote:
Check the fernie website www.skifernie.com/summer it has updated cams of timber and the base
I know, I check everyday, but the Base cam is all blurred, and the Timber cam doesn't give you a good enough view.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
reder7 wrote:
Y are they getting ride of all there stunts??
To make a long story short, they don't want another Blue Mountain incident to happen.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
what happened with blue mountain?

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
klimboneian wrote:
Well, some kid was biking on a trail that was out of his skill level, and he went to fast off of a drop, and broke is back or neck or something, and he sued Blue Mountain, and got 14 million dollars out of them, so they decided to remove jumps, and I guess Fernie is following them.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
The-Freeryder wrote:
klimboneian wrote:
Well, some kid was biking on a trail that was out of his skill level, and he went to fast off of a drop, and broke is back or neck or something, and he sued Blue Mountain, and got 14 million dollars out of them, so they decided to remove jumps, and I guess Fernie is following them.
Don't you have to sign a wavier though? Or it has a wavier on your lift ticket.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
BMX8000 wrote:
The-Freeryder wrote:
klimboneian wrote:
Don't you have to sign a wavier though? Or it has a wavier on your lift ticket.
Yes, that's what I said at first, but they sued anyways. I don't know how that works out, but whatever.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
That's lame. One rider ruins it for everyone. It's not the mountain's fault if you fall and break yourself. You ride at your own risk and if you do something dumb that's you're own fault. People are so hell bent on suing for everything. Ride within your ability and take responsibility for your own actions.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
Has anyone been able to confirm that Fernie is going to modify there bike trails (remove jumps, obstacles, etc) as they did with there winter park features?

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
An Email response sent by:
Cali Sammel
Supervisor of Guest Relations
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc.

...this summer in the Mountain Bike Park at Fernie we will be removing any feature that would be considered unpredictable, such as teeter-totters, gap jumps and old rotten stunts. The goal with wood structures will be to have them serve primarily utilitarian purposes. Dirt jumps will be modified in rolls and formed in a way so that taking air is not forced and the trail is more predictable. In addition to the 42 trails we already have there will be 2 new additional trails added this summer...

Summary: Softer Slower Sucking More Eek

Perhaps one trip this summer to Fernie. It is still a lift served downhill riding destination. I will be interested to see if there is a decline in attendance and ridership this biking season.

Suing somebody just results is screwing over a larger group of somebody's. Take responsibility for your own actions while enjoying risk filled recreation.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
God damnit. COP better deliver this year if Fernie isn't.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012461
Mobile Version of Website