Is there anything i should know before going to whistler?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is there anything i should know before going to whistler?
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
bissellracing11 wrote:
be prepared to break atleast one part on you bicycle
or something on your body lol

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
nyterider wrote:
nishnash wrote:
nyterider wrote:
i seriously doubt that just because its whistler, a 200 dollar derailleur is 150 bucks more, i call bullshit! who just happens to have spare levers for brakes, i know i dont. dont know why everyone is so worried about parts. I rode the crap out of my bike for three days and i just replaced the brake pads at the end of the trip, only other thing i could see logical is tubes/tires
It was an exxageration, they go for about $300 usually slightly less. and i get concerned about parts cuz i break stuff realy easily. I push myself alot, which is a good and bad thing, good for the skillz, bad for the wallet!
guarantee you if you buy parts there, the prices are basically the same as any of your local shops, its the labour thats so damn expensive.
Not from my experience, but that could be a relationship thing because ive been going to my shops since i was 5 or 6. so they know me.... and yeh labour=stupid amounts.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
nnorrcoo wrote:
bissellracing11 wrote:
be prepared to break atleast one part on you bicycle
or something on your body lol
probably not, just dont ride like an idiot and to your limitations

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 18:49 Quote
nishnash wrote:
nyterider wrote:
nishnash wrote:

It was an exxageration, they go for about $300 usually slightly less. and i get concerned about parts cuz i break stuff realy easily. I push myself alot, which is a good and bad thing, good for the skillz, bad for the wallet!
guarantee you if you buy parts there, the prices are basically the same as any of your local shops, its the labour thats so damn expensive.
Not from my experience, but that could be a relationship thing because ive been going to my shops since i was 5 or 6. so they know me.... and yeh labour=stupid amounts.
in whistler i've never paid anything more then cost then at my regular shop, there is other shops there, so they have competitive rates, my point is that food is expensive, labour is expensive, roof over your head is expensive

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
Yeah I just checked it's a bit over 21 hours to drive from my place to Whistler. So I'd probably fly, or leave at 3am and make it by midnight. I've gone on those kind of trips to Canada before. and if I fly, can I pay for my ticket in US dollars or does it have to be CAD?
anyone?and which is better for whistler: Specialized Big Hit or Kona Stinky?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
Yeah I just checked it's a bit over 21 hours to drive from my place to Whistler. So I'd probably fly, or leave at 3am and make it by midnight. I've gone on those kind of trips to Canada before. and if I fly, can I pay for my ticket in US dollars or does it have to be CAD?
doesnt matter, ive rode it on a hardtail, single crown freeride bike and dh rig, all are fine, would stay away from hardtail Wink

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
I would go Big Hit, just because FSR is better.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
TheDanish wrote:

I would go with a Big Hit. Reason being the brake bumps are BRUTAL up there and FSR won't lock up under braking like the Stinky will.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
truffles wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
TheDanish wrote:

I would go with a Big Hit. Reason being the brake bumps are BRUTAL up there and FSR won't lock up under braking like the Stinky will.

lock up? what about DOPE system?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
truffles wrote:
TheDanish wrote:

If you have the DOPE system it won't, but I don't think Stinky's come with it stock, or that many have it. I could be wrong though. But you're correct, with DOPE there won't be lock up under braking.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
truffles wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:
truffles wrote:

If you have the DOPE system it won't, but I don't think Stinky's come with it stock, or that many have it. I could be wrong though. But you're correct, with DOPE there won't be lock up under braking.

yeah. from what i heard, stinky's have ridiculous amount of pedal bob and brake-lockup. i agree also on the bighit because if you snap the bighit frame, specialized gives you another one for free. i think. specialized has lifetime warranty right?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
the Kona will have more support especially in whistler. Thats if you break a Kona part.
The 09 stinky D and the stinky air come with the DOPE system. For that price though you could look into something else. Or if you wanted some more travel go with the stab D.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
what is the d1 trail like? I've passed it a couple times, back when I was having a little trouble with the rock rollers on in deep, and never went down it because of the warnings and rumors I've heard. But now I'm way better, and can trick everything in the bone yard, so whats D1 like? TEch or jumps?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
yeah. from what i heard, stinky's have ridiculous amount of pedal bob and brake-lockup. i agree also on the bighit because if you snap the bighit frame, specialized gives you another one for free. i think. specialized has lifetime warranty right?
Could just be the grom Kona-haters on here exaggerating though. I think it's the same deal with Kona if you snap a frame as well, I believe they both have lifetime.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
Ok so the Kona has DOPE, that just means there is more to break, get a big hit.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011878
Mobile Version of Website